Since we'll all be locked in our houses, Coronavirus

I think that if all you have to worry about is getting a haircut.......... :roflmao:
Anyway, I am laughing all the way to the hairdressers as my wife does mine.:D

I think that if all you have to worry about is getting a haircut.......... :roflmao:
Anyway, I am laughing all the way to the hairdressers as my wife does mine.:D
As I said, not worried about mine. More worried about a hairdresser trying to get the over-70s to not observe the isolation.
It looks, from your avatar, as if your wife hasn't done your hair for a number of years. ;)

I've been cutting my own hair for 10 years or so I think.

On the shopping it amuses me, with my very dark sense of humour, that until recently I was quite self-isolated. I went to the, fairly uncrowded supermarket about once a week.

Now I'm visiting the quite/very crowded supermarket several times a week, just trying to get basics when they are available. So my isolation is now far less than before the crisis :dunno: . I hate people :rolleyes:

On the shopping it amuses me, with my very dark sense of humour, that until recently I was quite self-isolated. I went to the, fairly uncrowded supermarket about once a week.

Now I'm visiting the quite/very crowded supermarket several times a week, just trying to get basics when they are available. So my isolation is now far less than before the crisis :dunno: . I hate people :rolleyes:
Ditto.

I'm sort-of in the "at risk" group myself, but I'm also the main support for somebody (living 30 miles away) definitely at risk
Likewise to both, although the distance is considerably greater in my case.
until recently I was quite self-isolated. I went to the, fairly uncrowded supermarket about once a week.

Now I'm visiting the quite/very crowded supermarket several times a week, just trying to get basics when they are available. So my isolation is now far less than before the crisis
Yep, same for me, although I haven't been in a large supermarket since Monday (and that was a right faff) because frankly there appears to be no point, as everything's already gone. I can't help but wonder how much stuff is going to end up in the bin having gone off, after being bought by the insanely greedy and stupid i.e. most of the population. Then they'll go and do it again if they can.

How many years is it since the first transmission of HHGTTG?
What is the ultimate answer?
And which useless third of the population survived whilst the other two thirds died from a virulent disease caught from a dirty telephone?

Had a salad with tomatoes. Whilst I always wash them is that enough? Suddenly chlorinated chicken doesn't sound so bad

How many years is it since the first transmission of HHGTTG?
That reminds me - I must download the 42nd Anniversary special that was on R4X last Saturday (IIRC).

Update: time flies. It was actually on Sunday 8th March, but it's in 13 separate programmes! I suppose I don't actually need to download six of them...

Last edited:
I have no spleen, so I'm in the vulnerable group due to reduced immunity.

Went to M&S early yesterday and they had 3 staff members and a security guard on the door only allowing the elderly and vulnerable in for the first hour. I expected to be challenged, and was prepared to show them my scar if necessary, but they waved me straight through!

Is 61 'elderly' these days?

Went to M&S early yesterday and they had 3 staff members and a security guard on the door only allowing the elderly and vulnerable in for the first hour.
That's more like it. Most still seem to be worried about upsetting the 'normal' clientele.

My wife went to the 'over 70s hour' at Tesco yesterday. No different to any other hour and she came away with nothing. (There were a couple of non-essentials she could have got, but with her veins wasn't going to queue at the checkout for 20 minutes just for that.)

Well, at least we will all be dead of CV before the Greta Thunthing has us die of global warming. And remember, it was us that destroyed her childhood. No it wasn't, it was her worrying too much
about things she had/has no control over.

Does anyone have info whether the Chinese stopped their one a week building program of coal power stations? It would be the biggest contribution to reduction

Why on earth would they do that? Just because some Swedish schoolgirl bangs on about it? I don't think so. But it would be a good idea, and to persuade the US to cut down a bit.
As for the UK, other than to set a pointless/meaningless 'example' it will make absolutely no difference to global warming, but cost us £zillions. Apart from that, CO2 is by no means the worst of the 'greenhouse gasses' that we produce. Still, they have suggested killing all the cows or somesuch haven't they?

Yes they have. I'll be damned if I give up my cow.

I meant coronavirus might have stopped the Chinese not some brat.

I have been visiting several different supermarkets over the last few weeks, Asda shoppers seem to be panic buying fresh fruit and veg for some reason. By far the best stocked have been Lidl and Aldi, I did my usual weekly shop at at Lidl yesterday afternoon, plenty of fruit and veg apart from potatoes but still 2 types,fresh milk, plenty of chicken fresh and frozen along with beef,pork and lamb, loo rolls and tinned beans and tomatoes. The only shelves stripped bare were biscuits,most of the tinned fish and the beer and cider section. I have felt no compulsion to panic buy anything but seeing what others were I made sure I bought those things while they were still readily available. I also popped into Poundland and bought 3 varieties of seed potatoes for £3 for the first time, I have a feeling that even when this crisis calms down we will see shortages and price hikes due to crops not having the workers to harvest them. I usually grow plenty of tomatoes and a few other things that are of a higher price in the supermarkets but will add carrots,onions, cabbage and salad leaves to the list this year. I see that I am not alone as the sale of tomato seeds has risen by over 1000%. Even if you have never grown anything but older I suggest you all start now, you have the time now, it will keep you active and it will get you out in the fresh air but be quick before the hoards descend on the garden centers like locusts and panic buy all the seeds and compost. By the way both Poundland and Lidl have a basic range of seeds at a far lower cost than those in garden centers if you need to keep the cost down and I have tried both in the past and they are just as viable as any others.

Back