Stream Humax Foxsat HDR recordings to Humax HD-FOX T2

Humaxgeek

I am looking into buying a Humax Fox HD T-2 to view my recordings from a Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon custom firmware, I have looked through this forum but can't find comfirmation that this works with the Fox HD, although have seen it posted that this would work with the Fox HDR.
Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to help me with this query.

I have looked through this forum but can't find comfirmation that this works with the Fox HD, although have seen it posted that this would work with the Fox HDR.
If the Foxsat-HDR can be made to stream to an HDR-FOX, there is no reason it won't stream to an HD-FOX. I have no practical experience of this however.

I have managed to stream my Foxsat-HDR content to my HD-FOX successfully but have since stumbled upon an issue, when I playback HD content if the programme has audio description it streams onto the HD-FOX with AD and with no way of switching it off, playing the same recording on my Foxsat-HDR it plays without AD as default, confirming it was not recorded that way.

I have custom firmware on both boxes but because one is a Foxsat and the other a Fox am I right in thinking there is no way of linking to enhance functionality like as if I had to Fox boxes?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

If the Foxsat CF offers SMB or NFS server options, then you could mount it on the HD-FOX by network-shares-automount.

I don't understand the audio description business, can't you switch it off in the HD-FOX menus?

The problem is that Freesat HD has a 2nd MP2 audio track for AD in addition to the main ac3 audio track. Freeview doesn't need this as aac allows the extra audio data to be incorporated (the reason for the late change in the Freeview-HD spec).

Playing back the recording on a Foxsat you simply switch tracks to get AD.

Neither the HD FOX-T2 nor the HDR10xxS boxes have any way of selecting alternate audio tracks on streamed content. That would be OK except the MP2 track is chosen rather than the ac3 one.

Only fix I have found is export the file, remove the 2nd audio track and use AV2HDR to replace the original with the version that now has only a single audio track.

Thanks Black Hole for the speedy reply.
No I have AD turned off on the HD-FOX, the box will not allow me to change the audio while watching a streamed programme. I have noticed the audio streams on SD on the Foxsat are 1. Normal 2. AD but on HD are 1. AD 2. Normal so I am thinking whilst streaming the HD-FOX defaults to the 1st audio stream.

Not sure what SMB or NFS is but I can't see it in the package, it has nasmount.

The problem is that Freesat HD has a 2nd MP2 audio track for AD in addition to the main ac3 audio track. Freeview doesn't need this as aac allows the extra audio data to be incorporated (the reason for the late change in the Freeview-HD spec).

Playing back the recording on a Foxsat you simply switch tracks to get AD.

Neither the HD FOX-T2 nor the HDR10xxS boxes have any way of selecting alternate audio tracks on streamed content. That would be OK except the MP2 track is chosen rather than the ac3 one.

Only fix I have found is export the file, remove the 2nd audio track and use AV2HDR to replace the original with the version that now has only a single audio track.

Thanks,
Doesn't sound good, rather annoying as I was happy to be streaming in HD!

Is the AV2HDR going to be a bit long winded, I have not dabbled with it as yet.

Not really a problem. TSmuxergui can be used to strip out the unwanted audio. AV2HDR lets you ftp back the new files direct to the Humax assuming you have a ftp package installed.
Only did it with a couple of recordings out of interest as the 3 boxes are in the same room anyway.

Not really a problem. TSmuxergui can be used to strip out the unwanted audio. AV2HDR lets you ftp back the new files direct to the Humax assuming you have a ftp package installed.
Only did it with a couple of recordings out of interest as the 3 boxes are in the same room anyway.

Ok. I really am a novice with the custom firmware, I have only utilised the bits I needed. I can see a tinyftp that I can install, is that the one?

With regards to Black Holes comments about and SMB/NFS server options am I able to get more functionality this way?

Tiny ftp will do the job. You need ftp software on the PC as well. Filezilla is popular. Samba lets you map the Foxsat drive in Windows Explorer so you can drag and drop files directly.

Tiny ftp will do the job. You need ftp software on the PC as well. Filezilla is popular. Samba lets you map the Foxsat drive in Windows Explorer so you can drag and drop files directly.

I have downloaded firezilla client and installed Tiny ftp on the CF but not sure where to go from there. Many thanks for your help.

Open Filezilla - File - Site Manager New Site

Just use your ip address. As Black Hole says password 0000

Click connect

Attachments

• Filezilla.jpg
    Filezilla.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 7
Back