The Arms Dictionary

normalcy: (US and reporters in the US only) the coast after a storm surge has passed.

Slightly off topic:
Q: Which idiot wrote a program for a steelworks and thought castrate was a good variable name? :whistling:
- castrate: the rate of metal casting in a steelworks.
A: Me. And I didn't even notice it at the time.

We had a PA (in the days somebody else did the typing), who put one too many 'e's in "tests". Boy did she turn red when we explained what it meant!

We had a PA (in the days somebody else did the typing), who put one too many 'e's in "tests". Boy did she turn red when we explained what it meant!
Bit like one of those people who used to write to Terry Wogan. Mrs Tickle. Tess to her friends.

Which idiot wrote a program for a steelworks and thought castrate was a good variable name?
Did you not even use Camel Case? castRate?
I wrote a module that ended in "...SEx" some years ago. No-one has ever commented, so presumably the case stuff worked OK.
Bit like one of those people who used to write to Terry Wogan.
Togs, tygs and (members of) twits.
Mrs Tickle. Tess to her friends.
Miss Tickle.

I wrote continuous function on the board in my early days. In fact, my first year as a lecturer. After repeating it several times, I decided to abbreviate it to cont fun, and became aware of a few suppressed giggles. I hadn't closed the top of the o.

Back