The Daily Wail

Finally, sexual assaults happen anywhere, you don't need to break any laws to be assaulted, nor be far from home. My daughter was assaulted within metres of her flat, in an expensive residential area well North of the Thames. In her previous flat, just North of central Finchley, a girl was raped in a garden next door. Yes, Finchley, Thatcher's old constituency.

We can't all choose where we live, especially in London. Unless we are rich.

I was not well off enough as a child to have a bike. I don't think my friends kept to the road, though, and these days even PMs are documented as cycling the wrong way down a one way street, or stopping on double yellow lines in a car, so what hopes of enforcing rules? Plus, bikes are not registered, no idea why not. If one rides through a red light or hits a pedestrian, what hope of enforcement?

Funny, but I don't recognise any of that. Maybe it is just him?

Is this thread turning into the Morecambe and Wise show, with a bit of Des O'Connor in the mix?

Is this thread turning into the Morecambe and Wise show, with a bit of Des O'Connor in the mix?
It was meant to be a light thread with unlikely but true news headlines, a parody of the unlikely but false but paraded as true ones in another rag.

Now, it seems to be a mixture.

Which? has run an article on EV charging, if anyone has access. Incompatibilities, apps that don't work, fast chargers that aren't, charging by kw or by hour, ac/dc and much more. Some of it at least is here.

So you drive into the petrol station with your payment card, and they either say you can't use it, else, you can, but they charge extra, unless you have their app, which may be on subscription. Oh, and the app may not work.

They don't have your fuel! They have fuel, but the nozzle will not fit your tank. Or, the nozzle fits, but you have the wrong make of car, so, sorry!

There is this super expensive fuel, too. Same fuel, but the nozzle delivers it faster. Unless you have the wrong car (most of them), when it just costs more but delivers at the same rate.

Oh, and don't spend too long in the convenience store: the tank may be full, but the meter is still running.

You thought the relevant fuel and nozzle might be on a label next to the fuel inlet? Think again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Police are interviewing people who claim on a census advert that they have already completed it. Arrests are expected. Charges of clairvoyance are to be brought.

Police are interviewing people who claim on a census advert that they have already completed it. Arrests are expected. Charges of clairvoyance are to be brought.
What are you on about now? The advert specifically states you don't have to wait, and when you go on-line to fill it in it specifically says that if your circumstances change in the mean time you can log back in to update it.

What are you on about now? The advert specifically states you don't have to wait, and when you go on-line to fill it in it specifically says that if your circumstances change in the mean time you can log back in to update it.
I know.

What are you on about now?
Am I missing the point? I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to create "fake news" in the style of the Daily Mail. I could image the DM getting upset about the police interviewing people about completing the census early. (That being said, I've already completed mine. Oh &^%$! PC Plod at the door!)

Back