The Daily Wail

No, victorious! If this is a fake news thread, you can't claim to support your wailings as fact.
It did expose a load of prejudices, though. It was meant to be like the DM fake news, but with a sting of truth to it.

Chivalry, as in medieval chivalry. You meant courteous? OK.
Courteous and chivalrous are not the same thing. I bet you wouldn't dream of helping your lady in and out of a car (for example), but in my world you do exactly that because they've taken to the trouble to dress to the nines and the last thing you want is a long dress getting caught in the car door. It's a question of practicality.

It did expose a load of prejudices, though.
You're right – a desire to be prejudicial against men.

Courteous and chivalrous are not the same thing. I bet you wouldn't dream of helping your lady in and out of a car (for example), but in my world you do exactly that because they've taken to the trouble to dress to the nines and the last thing you want is a long dress getting caught in the car door. It's a question of practicality.
Chivalry was the reverence for females in the medieval court, more show than real, because the knights were just as likely to rape them too. It was all for show.

Helping a woman, opening a door, letting them go first, yes I still hold those habits. Some hate being treated as an inferior creature!

You're right – a desire to be prejudicial against men.
I am sorry you feel so many women are prejudiced against you, BH.

Census is full of crap, says sabre toothed squirrel of colour with XY genes, in heterosexual marriage with a squirrel of colour of XX genes. Both agree about their genes and gender, but object to having to explain what the occupation acorn hunting involves. Both regarded this as bleedin' obvious.

And it didn't even accept our birth dates either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Europe descends into terror over poor vaccination record, and blames South Yorkshire

When the lockdown ends, I am thinking of moving to Magrathea.

magwel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Greedy Astrazeneca decides £500 a jab is reasonable. Johnson gagged!

Back