Thinking of getting the Humax 5000T.

poisonivy

Hi all,
I haven't been in this forum for a while.
I have the Fox T2 but it's getting old and I would like to be able to record more channels so I'm thinking the 5000T would fit the bill.

If that's all you want to do, then yes I expect so. But are you using your T2 to its fullest capability?

Thank you for the link.
I haven't ever done that although I did see it here in the early days of buying my T2.
Your link jogged my memory.

The remote control unit is getting worn out though, The guide button takes 2 or 3 presses before it works and sometimes goes off the screen and needs another press.
I suspect sooner or later it will just stop working.

Your link jogged my memory.
I think you will be amazed how much your "obsolescent" HDR-FOX can be made to do.

The remote control unit is getting worn out though, The guide button takes 2 or 3 presses before it works and sometimes goes off the screen and needs another press.
I suspect sooner or later it will just stop working.
There are replacements available, and I use a Logitech programmable universal remote control handset. The CF provides remote control facilities via a "virtual" controller on a web page you can use via a computer/tablet/smart-phone, and somebody has written an Android app to interface to the CF too.

Instructions for overhauling a handset here: https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Disassembled
...see also here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/restoring-remote-control.8529/

Instructions for overhauling an HDR-FOX in general here: Commissioning an HDR-FOX (click)

Android RC app: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/android-remote-control.8474/

Last edited:
I think you will be amazed how much your "obsolescent" HDR-FOX can be made to do.

There are replacements available, and I use a Logitech programmable universal remote control handset. The CF provides remote control facilities via a "virtual" controller on a web page you can use via a computer/tablet/smart-phone, and somebody has written an Android app to interface to the CF too.

Instructions for overhauling a handset here: https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Disassembled
...see also here: (more links coming).
Ah right....thank you.

But it will still only record two things at the same time whilst you watch a third.
There is a fairly complicated way of saving the time shift buffer I think.

Hi all,
I haven't been in this forum for a while.
I have the Fox T2 but it's getting old and I would like to be able to record more channels so I'm thinking the 5000T would fit the bill.

Like you, I'm along time (occasional) lurker but I splashed out on a 5000T just prior to the Christmas schedules and I'm happy with the results.
My 8 year old PVR 9300 was continually having problems (maybe a fried HD, knackered capacitors etc) and without the handy online advice I found for my old Topfield on how to repair such faults I bought the 5000T.
After a few months it's going ok but the UI could be better, same as the 'not much use' printed user guide - you can set the remote to skip (just like the dedicated buttons on the 9300) but there's no mention of how to do this in the manual.
The answer is to use the arrow button (< for rewind, > for FF, and these times are settable in the settings view when you press the 'freeview' button.
Be careful to highlight the playback bar using the 'up' arrow button to highlight the playback bar away you go... I set mine to advance a minute with each press or go back 15 seconds to deal with adverts - much easier than FF and trying to guess the restart of the prog you're watching at x16....nightmare!

The extra capacity is a bonus and the guide accessed recording system work without any problems so far.

I have no idea what a FoxT2 is btw :)

steve

Like you, I'm along time (occasional) lurker but I splashed out on a 5000T just prior to the Christmas schedules and I'm happy with the results.
My 8 year old PVR 9300 was continually having problems (maybe a fried HD, knackered capacitors etc) and without the handy online advice I found for my old Topfield on how to repair such faults I bought the 5000T.
After a few months it's going ok but the UI could be better, same as the 'not much use' printed user guide - you can set the remote to skip (just like the dedicated buttons on the 9300) but there's no mention of how to do this in the manual.
The answer is to use the arrow button (< for rewind, > for FF, and these times are settable in the settings view when you press the 'freeview' button.
Be careful to highlight the playback bar using the 'up' arrow button to highlight the playback bar away you go... I set mine to advance a minute with each press or go back 15 seconds to deal with adverts - much easier than FF and trying to guess the restart of the prog you're watching at x16....nightmare!

The extra capacity is a bonus and the guide accessed recording system work without any problems so far.

I have no idea what a FoxT2 is btw :)

steve
Thank you for the info :)

Hi all,
I got the 5000T over the weekend as it was on offer at a reduced price just for the weekend and my 2000T was playing up more and more.
The menu system is very different but I'm getting there.
Connected it to my WIFI which is new to me too.

The user manual isn't very good, I figured most out by myself.

Back