Transfer of recordings

Hi guys, I have a PVR 9300 with many recordings on it. I would like to transfer these to my laptop and or the FOX-T2. I wonder if anyone could consider outlining the best/easiest method to do so.
I have read that the utility Humaxrw might be used, however I cannot understand how this works, I have downloaded and installed on my Linux-based laptop, the command-based version but don't understand how to get this to work from the Read file instructions? Not sure how to configure it to work or what commands to issue?.

I have removed the HDD from the 9300 and connected it to my laptop, it is detected but will not open, so any ideas or suggestions please. Thank you

Hi guys, I have a PVR 9300 with many recordings on it. I would like to transfer these to my laptop and or the FOX-T2. I wonder if anyone could consider outlining the best/easiest method to do so.
I have read that the utility Humaxrw might be used, however I cannot understand how this works, I have downloaded and installed on my Linux-based laptop, the command-based version but don't understand how to get this to work from the Read file instructions? Not sure how to configure it to work or what commands to issue?.
Can you get humaxrw to start? If not is your Linux box 64 bit? The Linux version of Humaxrw is 32 so you need 32 bit compatibility libraries.

Thank you for the link above, I believe this discusses issues arising in a Windows environment, I am using Linux, so not too helpful I am afraid. Thanks anyway.

Can you get humaxrw to start? If not is your Linux box 64 bit? The Linux version of Humaxrw is 32 so you need 32 bit compatibility libraries.
Hi, just read your reply, and yes I am aware of this, my laptop is running a 64-bit linux and I have installed the necessary 32-bit compatibility libraries, i.e libc6:i386, with this I can get the Humaxrw GUI version to open, but not certain how to proceeds from there on. So I connect the removed HDD from the old box and connect it to the laptop via USB/SATA cables I can detect the disk as a seagate disk, but how do I use the Humaxrw to transfer the recordings to the laptop. By the way, I cannot get the command based Humaxrw to run as I am not sure what command to issue?. Issuing a command such as sudo humaxrw /dev/sdx -l , outputs no humaxrw command.

Hi, just read your reply, and yes I am aware of this, my laptop is running a 64-bit linux and I have installed the necessary 32-bit compatibility libraries, i.e libc6:i386, with this I can get the Humaxrw GUI version to open, but not certain how to proceeds from there on. So I connect the removed HDD from the old box and connect it to the laptop via USB/SATA cables I can detect the disk as a seagate disk, but how do I use the Humaxrw to transfer the recordings to the laptop.
I am not very familiar with the GUI; lets try and get the command line version working.
By the way, I cannot get the command based Humaxrw to run as I am not sure what command to issue?. Issuing a command such as sudo humaxrw /dev/sdx -l , outputs no humaxrw command.
cd to the directory containing humxarw and then try:
Code:
./humaxrw /dev/sdb -l
Note that the line starts with dot slash. Do you get any response to that command?

I am not very familiar with the GUI; lets try and get the command line version working.

cd to the directory containing humxarw and then try:
Code:
./humaxrw /dev/sdb -l
Note that the line starts with dot slash. Do you get any response to that command?
Hi, No no response other than command not found

Okay, I now have it working, I forgot to cd to the correct directory, so once there, what command/s to issue to transfer from the PVR 9300 HDD ( /dev/sdb) to the laptop or to the FOX-T2 HDD?
Have you identified the correct drive? If so then issue:
Code:
./humaxrw /dev/sdb  -g 1-x
where the b in sdb should be substituted for whatever is the correct drive and the x in 1..x should be the highest number recording from the -l command (or you might choose to just transfer a few recordings at a time with a lower value of x).

Yes the drive is /sdb, so I take it the -l command lists the number of recordings in /sdb, max being equal to x.
Ok will give it a go

So the above command is issued to copy to a laptop.
What if I wanted to copy to my FOX-T2 HDD what do I do there?.
I can connect the recordings via USB, access T2 via telnet, what command is used to copy the recordings over to the T2, is it as above, the T2 needs to know the recordings Disk?

What if I wanted to copy to my FOX-T2 HDD what do I do there?
Unless the humaxrw utility is available compiled for the HDR-FOX environment (edit: it seems there is), you'll have to use the PC to copy from the 9300 HDD, and then transfer from the PC to the HDR-FOX (by any of a variety of ways).

Last edited:
So the above command is issued to copy to a laptop.
What if I wanted to copy to my FOX-T2 HDD what do I do there?.
I don't know how to do that. I would do it as a two stage process, copy to laptop and then copy from laptop to HDR-FOX T2.
I can connect the recordings via USB, access T2 via telnet, what command is used to copy the recordings over to the T2, is it as above, the T2 needs to know the recordings Disk?
I don't understand what you mean by "the T2 needs to know the recordings Disk?". You can use standard tools for file transfer such as FTP or if you have the Dropbear SSH package installed on the HDR-FOX T2 you could use scp. Note that you only need the .ts file; the other sidecar files are not in the format required by the HDR-FOX T2.

Install the humaxrw and hrwconv packages on HDR-FOX-T2 and connect the disk to it via USB. The disk drive letter may have changed but the command will be the same.
Something like the following should work (the -b option will copy all the recordings but you could use -l <list> as mentioned above instead).
Note that humaxrw will only copy the files in the original format. To convert the epg data into a format suitable for the HDR hrwconv is used. This is a wrapper around the sidecar package. The resulting files will be in Imported/new.
Substitute X for your drive letter and ensure you have enough disk space first.
Code:
$ mkdir "/media/My Video/Imported"
$ cd "/media/My Video/Imported"
$ humaxrw /dev/sdX -l
$ humaxrw /dev/sdX -b
$ hrwconv *.ts
Edit: Added 'to it' to the first sentence for clarity.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the useful information. I am now able to download the recordings to my laptop, so far so good.
I would like to transfer from the laptop to the FOX-2, what is the best way to do this and which files do I need to transfer over, just the .TS ones?

I have edited my post above to try to avoid any confusion.
Psst.. There's a small typo on your post#16. The first 2 lines of the code box (for the mkdir and cd) should refer to the exact same directory - otherwise it may confuse people!

Last edited:
Back