Transferring HD recordings from Humax to PC/Decrypting DTCP-IP files to view on PC

sebzapata

Hi,
I have various recordings on my Humax which I would like to view on the PC.
I've set up the Humax as a Simba server, which brings up the device on my PC where I can view all of the recordings.
From what I gather though, the HD recordings are encrypted, so cannot be played as is.

Is there any software available for a Windows 10 PC which would either allow me to view these files, or to decrypt them so that they can be viewed on my phone etc?
Thanks

Hi,
I have various recordings on my Humax which I would like to view on the PC.
I've set up the Humax as a Simba server, which brings up the device on my PC where I can view all of the recordings.
From what I gather though, the HD recordings are encrypted, so cannot be played as is.

Is there any software available for a Windows 10 PC which would either allow me to view these files, or to decrypt them so that they can be viewed on my phone etc?
Thanks
Try Samsung AllShare. This allows transfer to a PC & removes encryption

How would Samsung know about Humax's encryption methods?
...and even if they did know, how would the obtain the key?

The only method I can think of is if they were able to spoof display-only authentication for DLNA... but would Samsung be putting their name to a software defeat for industry DRM?

The only method I can think of is if they were able to spoof display-only authentication for DLNA... but would Samsung be putting their name to a software defeat for industry DRM?
But the HDR-1100S doesn't have a DLNA server as far as I am aware.

Try Samsung AllShare. This allows transfer to a PC & removes encryption
There was a short discussion on Samsung Allshare and encryption previously.

But without the Samsung software hacking the HDR-1100S encryption its not going to work for recorders lacking a DLNA server, and also a means of circumnavigating the additional protection which genuine Freesat (and freeview) devices use for HD recordings.

Have you tested it for data from an HDR-1100S ?
'Allshare' will work with SD recordings only. There is a program called FOXY that allows resetting the .hmt files which makes them seem like SD files. Whether they are available on HDR-1100s I don't know.
I have used it on HDR-FOX T2 and HDR-1800T successfully.

Back