[webif] Version 0.10.1 Released

af123

Administrator
Staff member
0.10.1 (25/11/2012)

• Upgrade telnet menu to version 1.02 - provides feedback during PIN entry*;
  • Show upcoming recordings in status pane (next 15 minutes);
  • Add 'may not restart' warning to Diagnostics->Reboot;
  • Extend native recording rename function to allow editing of synopsis and guidance text;
  • Fix pasting of non-native files;
  • Allow plugins to add entries to the quick edit file list in Diagnostics->File Editor;
  • Show last recording time for finished series in schedule list;
  • Use media browser sort order in mobile version;
  • Warn when mongoose server auto-start is turned off;
  • Add icon to mobile version (shows when app is added to mobile device home screen);
  • Provide drop-down list of common diagnostics for quick access;
  • Report when there is no cached EPG data present;
  • More width for channel name in grid-style EPG;
  • Add more navigation buttons to grid-style EPG;
  • Fix date format in grid-style EPG;
  • Add settings toggle for expert mode telnet server (straight to shell), CFW >=2.14.

* - this one warrants a bit more explanation. Anyone who installs CFW 2.14 gets the built-in telnet menu, version 1.00. If the rest of the installation process is followed, which downloads and installs the web interface, then the telnet menu is upgraded to newer version. Whenever a new CFW is released, the latest telnet menu version will be rolled into it so it is available straight away to anyone who installs it purely to recover a disk for instance. The only change in telnet menu 1.02 is to add feedback during PIN entry.

We all know that if we ask the Hummy to reboot from the webif that it may not always reboot. It seems to be linked to how it was turned on. If by the remote it reboots, if by a timer it often doesn't.

As the redring package intercepts the commands to the front panel could something be added to the commands that adds a wakeup timer to the front panel on reboot, so when you reboot the box if it doesn't come back on a timer would turn it back on after say 3 minutes as a safety feature?

• Show upcoming recordings in status pane (next 15 minutes);
Mmmm I like this :)

I wonder if it would be possible to add all scheduled recordings of any single program to the Scheduled Events? For example, at present if I have a series link of I'm A celeb, it'll only show the next event i.e. Wednesday @ 8.30pm but won't show the others (Thurs, Fri, etc). It'd be nice to view exactly what's scheduled to be recorded over the next 7 days.

What do you think?

That would be an educated guess at best. The Humax itself doesn't schedule the next recording until the current one starts/completes, even though the EPG shows the "set to record" clock symbol (presumably by pattern matching the SRID). In order o display all upcoming recordings the CF would have to do the same thing - consult the EPG as well as the schedule.

Therefore they would not be (strictly) "Scheduled Events", they would be "Scheduled and Potential Future Events".

This is not to say it should not be done, it there is a good reason to do it.

The native Schedule already does show all of the scheduled recordings within the next 7 days for any single programme by pressing the "Right Button", so perhaps this feature could be added.

It gets things wrong though - I scheduled a series recording for a late night repeat time to avoid a three-way conflict, and the following week's schedule is back to the conflicting time!

Mmmm I like this :)

I wonder if it would be possible to add all scheduled recordings of any single program to the Scheduled Events? For example, at present if I have a series link of I'm A celeb, it'll only show the next event i.e. Wednesday @ 8.30pm but won't show the others (Thurs, Fri, etc). It'd be nice to view exactly what's scheduled to be recorded over the next 7 days.

What do you think?

I've just uploaded a new version which adds this feature. It reads the scheduled times directly from the Humax database so should match what is shown on screen with Guide/Yellow/Right. The Humax only seems to populate these entries on boot though so the data isn't always there.

sched.png

You can also now click on the dates/times in the Start Time column and it will bring up the corresponding EPG record in a pop-up dialogue.

I have just installed the WebIf update but when I select the Scheduled Recordings page in the WebIf I now get this error:

Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/rsv.class:58: Can't load package binary in procedure 'eventrow' called at file "sched.jim", line 196 in procedure '.00000000000000000002>' called at file "sched.jim", line 112 in procedure 'rsv aul' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 46 at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 62 at file "/mod/webif/lib/rsv.class", line 58

Do you have jim-binary installed? Must have missed a dependency...

Edit: have uploaded a fixed version.

I have a feature request for the Diagnostics page. When viewing a Log File, would it be possible to have a button to clear / delete it? Some of these files tend to get quite large, so it would be good to be able to clear them every few days.

Not sure if it is me or the webif package but it fails to show installed packages, the only one shown is the webif package. If you try to install an avilable packafe is indicates as sucessfull and the entry goes grey, but after a while even afetr a reboot the package is in the available list and not the installed list.

Background
Running on HDR T2,
Web interface version: 0.10.1-4, Custom firmware version: 2.14, Humax Version: 1.02.29
But as usual there is plenty of scope for me to have messed up.

Was running on Custom 2.13 then chamged hard disk to 2TB disk then upgraded to Firmware 2.14 without prepare for upgrade which I did not think was required for thse two versions.
Just allowed webif to fully re-install on first opening webif page, then reboot.

I have tried remove all customfirmware and packages, reboot, re-install custom firmware but something is still not right.

If I install the betaftp, the service shows up as installed and runs ok, but does not show as installed and re-appears as normal in available packages.

Any advice would be much appreciated a huge thanks for all those people who have contributed.

Regards
Chapelhill

I have a feature request for the Diagnostics page. When viewing a Log File, would it be possible to have a button to clear / delete it? Some of these files tend to get quite large, so it would be good to be able to clear them every few days.
Added in 0.10.1-5

Not sure if it is me or the webif package but it fails to show installed packages, the only one shown is the webif package.

What do you get if you run the general diagnostic via the web interface? Does everything pass?

If you have access to Telnet, this command will display all installed packages :-

Code:
humax# opkg list-installed
7zip - 9.20.1
anacron - 2.3-1
auto-unprotect - 1.0.7
betaftpd - 0.0.8pre17-3
binutils - 2.21-1
busybox - 1.19.3-3
bzip2 - 1.0.4
coreutils - 8.11
cron-daemon - 1.18.3-1
epg - 1.0.9
ffmpeg - 0.10
file - 5.0.4
gdbm - 1.8.3
gtar - 1.26-1
gzip - 1.2.4
hmt - 1.1.7
id3v2 - 0.1.11-1
inotify-tools - 3.14
ir - 1.01-1
jim - 0.73-1
jim-binary - 0.73
jim-cgi - 0.5
jim-oo - 0.71
jim-sqlite3 - 0.73-1
lamemp3 - 3.98.4
libdb - 4.2.52
libevent - 2.0.11
libfcntl64 - 1.0.0
libutil - 0.9.29
lsof - 4.82
mongoose - 3.0-7
multienv - 1.3
ncurses - 5.9
nicesplice - 1.4
openssl-command - 1.0.0.d
perl - 5.10.0
pkgtools - 1.0.0
portal-xtra1 - 1.12.064.300-1
procps - 3.2.8-3
redring - 2.10
rs - 0.5.0
rsvsync - 1.0.3
screensaver - 0.3.2
screensaver-3X5 - 1.0.0
screensaver-7Seg - 1.0.0
screensaver-Agen - 1.0.0
screensaver-Avatar - 1.0.0
screensaver-Cursor - 1.0.0
screensaver-Dot - 1.0.0
screensaver-Neon - 1.0.0
screensaver-Neon-Blue - 1.0.0
screensaver-VFD - 1.0.0
screensaver-Wedge - 1.0.0
screensaver-all - 1.0.0
screensaver-black - 1.0.0
screensaver-glass-blue - 1.0.0
screensaver-random - 1.0.0
sed - 4.2.1
service-control - 1.2
smartmontools - 5.41
soundout - 0.1a
sqlite3 - 3.7.6
ssmtp - 2.64
stripts - 1.1.2
sysmon - 1.0.9
tmenu - 1.02
transmission - 2.73
trm - 1.0
uclibc-devel - 0.9.31-2
undelete - 1.5-1
webif - 0.10.1-3
webif-channelicons - 1.0.3
webif-charts - 1.2
humax#

Added in 0.10.1-5
Thanks for that, it works a treat.:) Are there any logs which should not be deleted?

Back