[webif] Version 1.0.6 Released

Is there any way to switch off this new 'unwatched' flag, or at least add a 'watched all' button? Personally, I don't like it.
Not yet, but I will add an option. I did predict that not everyone would like it : )

Please don't get me wrong. I appreciate your hard work, as ever.

On 'my' HDR I have quite a few recordings saved, archived if you like, and don't need to be reminded every time I browse the folder list that I haven't watched them yet. I already know!

Similarly, although I don't find the count too objectionable (perhaps because I don't spend much time on the WebIF).

Please don't get me wrong. I appreciate your hard work, as ever.
None taken : )
I did expect a certain other user to be the first to ask for a way of disabling it... next version will have an option in general settings.

None taken : )
I did expect a certain other user to be the first to ask for a way of disabling it... next version will have an option in general settings.
Do you mean me? :) I have not seen the new numbers yet, as I don't have any recordings in folders. The only way that I might see them, is whilst a new series recording is waiting to be flattened.:)

Is this an expected error?
Code:
humax# opkg upgrade
Upgrading webif on root from 1.0.6-2 to 1.0.6-3...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.0.6-3_mipsel.opk.
Configuring webif.
Postinstall configure
SMART: (PASSED)
realloc: 0
spinretry: 0
pending: 0
offline: 0
/mod/var/opkg/info/webif.postinst: line 40: var/mongoose/lib/bin/resetnew: not found
humax#

Looks like it's missing a '/mod/' from the start of that line.

I like the new settings layout and amazed you could implement it so quickly.

You could possibly add an Expand/Collapse All option for those that prefer to see all options at once

It also seems an oversight that on the following packages you have to click the drop down menu item then click a box within that to get to the settings. Basically what I am trying to say is that there is now an additional click required!

channeldel
reorder
multimode
ir
newk
poc

That word oversight is being bandied around a lot these days.

The settings screen just polls each web interface plugin in turn and asks it for some content. The new screen creates an accordion section for each plugin rather than just concatenating everything together (which was becoming rather jumbled). Some plugins choose to use a dedicated page for their settings for various reasons hence they only provide a button to go to the next page.

If it's a problem, I can add an option to display the page without the sections.

Now that we have a better structure for the main settings page the authors of the other packages may, over time, decide that they they no longer need to maintain separate settings pages.

It would have been to much of an upheaval to attempt to coordinate updates of half a dozen other packages simultaneously with an experimental change to the main setting page. Some of the other package have large settings dialogs so even with the new structure it may be best for them to stay as a dedicated page.

...but if they have dedicated settings pages, the collapsed section could link straight to the settings page rather than expanding out and then linking to the settings.

Not without updating all the plugins too (which may happen over time). The content in an expanded section is just what the plugin provides.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Not sure how I got this new file count, as I can only count 248 hmt files in this folder and it's sub folders, however running OPT+ >> Reset New flag reduced the number to 52
530-shauns2.png
NOTE
The above was displayed when using Web-If 1.0.6, I have a feeling that this may have been corrected in Web-If 1.0.6-4

Here's curious. I've been using Firefox for accessing the FOX as Chrome is a bit pick-n-mix with displaying webif. Had the various 1-0-6 versions installed and never seen the file count display. So just now I went in with Chrome instead and there they are. Closed that and went in with Firefox ... no counts.
Doesn't really bother me as I don't do much in the webif Media section, but it might be bothering someone else.

They are working for me in Firefox 25.:(

Hmm. I have very little in the way of add-ons on FF, no adblockers or the like, and it's the latest version.
Maybe it needs a particular plug-in or something to display these?

Back