[webif] Version 1.0.6 Released

Hmm. I have very little in the way of add-ons on FF, no adblockers or the like, and it's the latest version.
Maybe it needs a particular plug-in or something to display these?

Try starting Firefox in safe mode (hold shift while clicking the icon) to see if a plugin is affecting the WebIF.

What's going on here then?
Code:
12/09/2013 20:20 - Moving /media/My Video/Star Trek_ Enterprise_20130912_1900.ts to [Unclassified]
12/09/2013 20:20 - Resetting unwatched recording flag for /media/My Video/[Unclassified]
13/09/2013 08:10 - Moving /media/My Video/Breakfast_20130913_0755.ts to [Unclassified]
13/09/2013 08:10 - Resetting unwatched recording flag for /media/My Video/[Unclassified]
13/09/2013 19:10 - Plugin error: can't read "msg": no such variable
13/09/2013 19:20 - Plugin error: can't read "msg": no such variable
13/09/2013 19:30 - Plugin error: can't read "msg": no such variable
13/09/2013 19:40 - Plugin error: can't read "msg": no such variable
13/09/2013 19:50 - Plugin error: can't read "msg": no such variable
13/09/2013 20:00 - Plugin error: can't read "msg": no such variable
13/09/2013 20:10 - Flattening /media/My Video/Star Trek_ Enterprise/Star Trek_ Enterprise_20130913_1900.ts
13/09/2013 20:10 - Moving /media/My Video/Star Trek_ Enterprise_20130913_1900.ts to [Unclassified]
13/09/2013 20:10 - Resetting unwatched recording flag for /media/My Video/[Unclassified]

Try starting Firefox in safe mode (hold shift while clicking the icon) to see if a plugin is affecting the WebIF.

Nope. Same thing. Most peculiar.
Is this dependent on another CF package that I may not have installed?

It could just be a cached stylesheet somewhere - can you try clearing the cache? Otherwise, try forcing a reload with (I think) Control-R or Control-F5.

If it still doesn't work, is there anything being output on the javascript developer console (Tools->Web Developer->Error Console)?

Aha. Ctrl-R and Ctrl-F5 didn't work, but clearing everything in the Options -> Privacy tab; clear recent history has fixed it. Thanks af.

I would like to request an option to be able to hide the programme genre icons that appear in various places in webif, and the remote scheduling site. Would this be possible to do without causing too much work? I have been hiding them on my PC by blocking them with Adblock Plus, but don't think I can do this on my iPad, or Android tablet.

I would like to request an option to be able to hide the programme genre icons that appear in various places in webif, and the remote scheduling site. Would this be possible to do without causing too much work? I have been hiding them on my PC by blocking them with Adblock Plus, but don't think I can do this on my iPad, or Android tablet.
I don't want to get into implementing and maintaining options at this level but the web interface does allow you to set your own style overrides in a stylesheet called EXTRA.css. If I assign a specific class to all genre icons then you could just put the following into EXTRA.css and it would not be overwritten on update. Can you identify the places that you would like it to be hidden?

Code:
img.genre { display: none; }

I really like the new 'unwatched' counters on the folders in the media view. Is it possible to add these to the disk contents view in RS as well? They'd come in handy for planning the evening's viewing while killing the last few minutes in the office before going home at night!!

I don't want to get into implementing and maintaining options at this level but the web interface does allow you to set your own style overrides in a stylesheet called EXTRA.css. If I assign a specific class to all genre icons then you could just put the following into EXTRA.css and it would not be overwritten on update. Can you identify the places that you would like it to be hidden?

Code:

Brian - this should work now.

I really like the new 'unwatched' counters on the folders in the media view. Is it possible to add these to the disk contents view in RS as well? They'd come in handy for planning the evening's viewing while killing the last few minutes in the office before going home at night!!
I don't see why not...

Code:
Brian - this should work now.
I have now done this, and it seems to have got rid of them from Browse Media Files, and Scheduled Events, but they are still present on EPG Programme Details, and EPG single channel view. This is still a big improvement though, Thanks.

I have now done this, and it seems to have got rid of them from Browse Media Files, and Scheduled Events, but they are still present on EPG Programme Details, and EPG single channel view. This is still a big improvement though, Thanks.
I'll add the relevant class to those screens too for the next update.

When upgrading webif to 1.0.6-5, I now have the following error due to me editing the EXTRA.css file.
Humax HDR Fox T2 (humax4).png
Do I simply ignore this error?, and will future webif upgrades overwrite the EXTRA.css-opkg, and leave my EXTRA.css untouched?

Perhaps it would be interesting to have a thread about the webif EXTRA.css stylesheet, and the sort of things that can be done with it.

When upgrading webif to 1.0.6-5, I now have the following error due to me editing the EXTRA.css file.
Yes, it's safe to ignore that. It's just telling you that the blank EXTRA.css file in the package has been stuffed at ...EXTRA.css-opkg... rather than overwriting your local changes.

Perhaps it would be interesting to have a thread about the webif EXTRA.css stylesheet, and the sort of things that can be done with it.
Could be : ) It's a good way of tweaking the look of various elements, repositioning or even hiding them, but it does depend somewhat on good tagging of elements in the code. Just uploaded 1.06-6 which tags some more genre images with the genre class.

Yes, it's safe to ignore that. It's just telling you that the blank EXTRA.css file in the package has been stuffed at ...EXTRA.css-opkg... rather than overwriting your local changes.
Thanks
Could be : ) It's a good way of tweaking the look of various elements, repositioning or even hiding them, but it does depend somewhat on good tagging of elements in the code. Just uploaded 1.06-6 which tags some more genre images with the genre class.
I think that has got rid of the remaining genre icons.:)

updated the WebIF earlier and got the following message:

>>> opkg upgrade webif
Upgrading webif on root from 1.0.6-6 to 1.0.6-7...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.0.6-7_mipsel.opk.
Postinstall configure
SMART: (PASSED)
realloc: 0
spinretry: 0
pending: 0
offline: 0
Fixing /media/My Video...
Fixing /media/My Video/The Mary Whitehouse Experience...
Fixing /media/My Video/The Mary Whitehouse Experience/_original...
Fixing /media/My Video/Second Thoughts...
Fixing /media/My Video/Second Thoughts/_original...
Fixing /media/My Video/Big School...
Fixing /media/My Video/Whitechapel...
Fixing /media/My Video/Misc...
Fixing /media/My Video/Misc/Jane...
Fixing /media/My Video/Misc/Jane/Dexter...
Fixing /media/My Video/Peaky Blinders...
Fixing /media/My Video/Shaun the Sheep...
Configuring webif.

Should I be concerned about the fixing messages?

Back