[webif] Version 1.0.6 Released

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Minor update:
1.0.6 (07/09/2013)

• Add unwatched item count for folders in media browser;
  • Allow reset new flag action to work on manually created folders;
  • Automatically recalculate the new recording flag when moving files in the media browser;
  • Change web interface file editor to use fixed-space font and style text area to match rest of interface;
  • Improve compatibility with recent versions of Internet Explorer;
  • Allow changing the watched channel by clicking on the channel icon in various places;
  • Minor bug fixes.
The unwatched item count looks like this (slightly worse in IE but still usable):

newcount.png

Hi all can anyone tell me what the little red numbers on the folders in media/my video mean. I thought it meant there was that number of unwatched files inside but one of my folders has the number 12 on it and only has two files inside.
cheers
Andy:)

Click on OPT+ and 'Reset new flag' to fix it for that folder. The count is maintained by the Humax software but not all custom packages yet update it properly (although the new automatic ones do)

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Thats a bit weird OPT+ and Reset new flag works when the flag is higher than the files in the folder, but does not change when the flag is lower that the files inside.

A few minor suggestions for the WebIF (& RS for EPG)

• Right align the Opt+ and other flags for a neater appearance
  • Use Red for the New flag on programs to match the folder New count, current colour doesn't stand out
  • in EPG don't grey out NOW button - I would like to use it to update the guide when I return to the tab, I know I can use browser refresh button but in Remote Scheduler that sometimes reprompts for password
  • Setting page is getting cluttered with settings for multiple packages, consider making each group of settings a 'twisty' where the individual fields are only shown when the group is selected
Keep up the great work!

Bob

• in EPG don't grey out NOW button - I would like to use it to update the guide when I return to the tab, I know I can use browser refresh button but in Remote Scheduler that sometimes reprompts for password

This change is in webif 1.0.6-1 (since I was pushing out an update for something else anyway).

• Setting page is getting cluttered with settings for multiple packages, consider making each group of settings a 'twisty' where the individual fields are only shown when the group is selected

Agree it's getting cluttered, but what's a twisty? : )

(Edit: ah A "twisty" is an interface toggle control to show and hide content - some dodgy results from Google too though : ))

As for the new folder colour, it's intended to mirror the on-screen one. It would be possible to change the on-screen one though through a package as well as the webif one. I'll look into it.

It shows an unread figure for empty folders.

(Sorry I am not sure to embed screenshot in a post)

image.JPG

This change is in webif 1.0.6-1 (since I was pushing out an update for something else anyway).

Agree it's getting cluttered, but what's a twisty? : )

(Edit: ah A "twisty" is an interface toggle control to show and hide content - some dodgy results from Google too though : ))

As for the new folder colour, it's intended to mirror the on-screen one. It would be possible to change the on-screen one though through a package as well as the webif one. I'll look into it.

Thanks for ultra quick response.

Windows uses Twisties to expand/contract folder contents in Explorer and Gmail does the same - sometimes webpages use Right/Down triangles or Plus/Minus as icons
Basically all you need is an onclick action that toggles Hide/Show for the associated <div> on the web page

I'm not really fussed about the colour of the New flags on the programs and folders

It shows an unread figure for empty folders.

You need to run the 'reset new flag' action from the OPT+ menu next to the folder. Not all packages have always properly updated that flag although if you watch or move recordings via the standard Humax controls then it will be fine. Not all of the web interface properly does the update either but that will be fixed in the next version.

Windows uses Twisties to expand/contract folder contents in Explorer and Gmail does the same - sometimes webpages use Right/Down triangles or Plus/Minus as icons
Basically all you need is an onclick action that toggles Hide/Show for the associated <div> on the web page

Try webif 1.0.6-2 for size. I've been meaning to sort this out for a while so thanks for the nudge.

I must admit that I preferred the previous settings page, but suppose that in time, I will get used to the new version.:)

Is there any way to switch off this new 'unwatched' flag, or at least add a 'watched all' button? Personally, I don't like it.

Back