[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do found events only get transferred to the Humax HDR Fox T2 at 4.30am for pending, then get placed as events after another reboot or sleep/wake cycle, or is there any way to do it manually, including having done a search, get the system to process the found event within hours and a [ Schedule Reboot ]
Do you have Real Time Scheduling enabled under Advanced settings?
1589286038434.png
With RTS enabled you shouldn't need to reboot to get scheduled events (webif or RTS) activated.

I think RS Auto schedule processing only runs once a day and the RS EPG is only updated once a day.
While you can reset a rule and see matching events I don't know if it possible to force RS to actually reprocess a rule on demand.

WebIF setting: RTS

It used to be the case that reboots were required to make modifications to the recording schedule. This was crippling, particularly for the RS service, because it was impossible to set a recording through WebIF or RS without then making sure that the instruction was actually registered in time for the recording to be made - if through RS, presumably you're not at home to do it! RTS (Real Time Scheduling) revolutionises this: turn it on to make schedule alterations without needing a reboot.​
Note: there remain some rare occurrences of "runaway recordings" when RTS is enabled, but these are rare - and the advantage of being able to schedule recordings remotely, without requiring a reboot before the schedule alteration takes effect, is too good to ignore.​

What does setting it Yes give over not having it enabled, does it start straight away
You will need to reboot before it takes effect but once enabled you can schedule a recording from the webif without disturbing the rest of the family watching the TV seconds before it starts, RS takes a little longer (20 min or so) but you can be the other side of the world.

Are there Release Notes for 1.4.x updates (specifically those since 1.4.6)? I had a problem on 1.4.6 (recordings missing from Webif Browse page) which seemed to resolve itself when I updated to 1.4.8-2, but it would be reassuring to discover it was something which had been explicitly fixed.

Are there Release Notes for 1.4.x updates (specifically those since 1.4.6)? I had a problem on 1.4.6 (recordings missing from Webif Browse page) which seemed to resolve itself when I updated to 1.4.8-2, but it would be reassuring to discover it was something which had been explicitly fixed.
I never noticed anything similar, and a I'm sure the forum would have been awash if it was anything systematic.

I never noticed anything similar, and a I'm sure the forum would have been awash if it was anything systematic.

Well, this was on my "backup" Humax, which I acquired, reformatted and reinstalled in January. I had noticed the discrepancy a month or so ago, but hadn't got round to chasing it up till yesterday. By which time, the PVR Media UI was listing 122 recordings and 6 folders, while the CF WebIf Browser was showing just 6 recordings and 5 folders - although it was listing folder GiB sizes consistent with their actual content. The issue seemed to be specific to the Browser page since the Webif Diag page was showing all 122 recordings in the /mnt/hd2/dms-cb.db tables, and they were all accessible via network connection from my other Humax, and from other apps such as FDM.

Anyway, after updating Webif to 1.4.8-2, all the recordings reappeared on the Browser page. I did notice that the vast majority of them were also Pending in the decrypt Queue. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it would have been interesting to see what was listed in the Queue before I updated the Webif. Too late now though ...

Having taken suggestions and enabling the [ Real-time scheduling? ] option, scheduling last minute programmes to be recorded has become less stressful, thank you

Though here is the next perplexing scenario, I currently have [ Secrets of the Solar System ] on my 'to record' radar, it appears it is one of the many programmes broadcast in the Horizon series of documentaries, however, as the word 'Horizon' does not appear in the programme title or only occasionally in the synopsis, it is very difficult to do a search, unless you set up an individual search event for each individual episode, is there anyway of being able to set up a recording event based on the CRID which for the series this programme is part of would be [ bds.tv/ebsuktv54047 }, this series is being broadcast on [ Yesterday ], I had a look around the rs web page and even tried converting an entry using [ Convert to Advanced ], but no look as far as I could see

As always, any help and useful suggestions thankfully received

If that's an RS question, it would be more appropriate in the RS thread... just saying.

One of the points of RS is to be independent of CRIDs. They can be unreliable (particularly on the minor channels), and if you want to trigger a recording on CRID you can already do so through the normal scheduling processes. It is not possible to predict what a programme or series CRID will be in advance.

For what it's worth, Secrets of the Solar System is not part of the long-running BBC Horizon series.

It is not possible to predict what a programme or series CRID will be in advance.
Agreed, but as [ Yesterday } are broadcasting what are essentially 'repeats' the names of each of the first episode of each series are already on IMDB, so a basic search for that first of the series programme name could be searched for with the result being notified as an email, then you could copy and paste the series CRID in to a new event search rule

Ah, I think a point might have eluded you... ask RS to schedule a series record, and it does it for you. What that does not cover is if the Series CRID is not applied consistently (which is where the text search comes in). If in doubt, set both series and individual searches.

What that does not cover is if the Series CRID is not applied consistently (which is where the text search comes in). If in doubt, set both series and individual searches.
But it is consistent enough within each set of repeats for a series, and it is that which Andrea is referring to in post #396.

Edit:
For what it's worth, Secrets of the Solar System is not part of the long-running BBC Horizon series.
That would depend on whether Andrea is referring to the series called "Secrets of the Solar System" or the Horizon episode called "Secrets of the Solar System".
There are two give a ways of what Andrea is referring to in post #394. One is that Andrea is referring to a single episode and the other is that Andrea is referring to 'Horizon'.

But post #396 is referring to the non-Horizon series.
Agreed, but as [ Yesterday } are broadcasting what are essentially 'repeats' the names of each of the first episode of each series are already on IMDB
@Andrea Edwards , which are you after, the Horizon episode, or the series?
The series is on Yesterday, but the Horizon episode is on PBS America today at approximately 13:35

Last edited:
I am actually referring to the episode "Secrets of the Solar System" which is one of the episodes of the series "Horizon", which is incidentally series 51, episode 7, so the CRID should be valid for all episodes in that series, if the following series is also broadcast on [ Yesterday ], it will no doubt have its own CRID entry, and, when notified by email that the first episode in what will be series 52, I can then update the CRID entry to do a [ type - schedule - series ] record event

Here is the result of clicking on the programme title in a remote scheduling search results entry, as there is an entry shown for both individual episode CRID and series CRID showing in the programme details page, is it possible for a CRID search to be included in a future update please

Secrets of the solar system, yesterday remote scheduling.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back