[webif] Web Interface version 1.2.1 released

The manual dedup seems to be broken and just returns the field headings. More Jim problems?

While on the subject, would it be relatively easy to have the manual dedup process identify duplicates in programmes without an episode title in the synopsis, and allow manual selection (tick box?) for deletion without renaming? This may need to look at a longer section of the synopsis than currently.

Last edited:
Update:

Just observed two auto cycles on two machines and the auto dedup seems to be broken too. I even tried updating one machine to the latest CF.

I am on auto-update, so I assumed yes,, but just able to manually update from 1.2.1-3 to 1..2.1-4. Seems to have fixed it.

This box has been on and off several times today, including updating the CF. Why did the package not update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That will explain it. I did manually update last night to see the revamped schedule design, then again to see the increased font size in 1.2.1-3.

1.2.1-4 was (according to the Twitter feed) released first thing this morning, just before I encountered problems., and obviously before the auto-update.

Glad it's sorted. I've been out all day or would have posted earlier.

While on the subject, would it be relatively easy to have the manual dedup process identify duplicates in programmes without an episode title in the synopsis, and allow manual selection (tick box?) for deletion without renaming? This may need to look at a longer section of the synopsis than currently.
Not sure how easy, but I will look into it. I'm in the process of going through the older screens and updating them.

Which in Safari 5.1.1 under OS 10.6 distributes the sparse text across the whole screen hindering legibility. Is the former at least intended?
It isn't supposed to be harder to read. I have tested in Safari 8.. will see if I can dig out an older version.

It looks ok in Safari 5 on 10.6 here..

Screen shot 2015-02-07 at 21.06.09.png

Maybe the cache needs clearing? It seems to be a fairly common problem - I wonder if it is something to do with lighttpd that needs looking at.

Manual dedup now working but auto-dedup is still not working. Confirmed on two HDRs. Auto.log shows dedup running.

I used all my suitable recordings testing that manual dedup worked and so had to wait for a couple of new recordings to observe auto-dedup., so only now fully tested.

It looks ok in Safari 5 on 10.6 here..
Yes I see the same, which is harder on the eye than the previous version I think. The space (about a quarter of my screen width) between the programme and the start time is the culprit.

How about a reboot button on the scheduled events page, to save clicking through to the diagnostics page if you've dismissed the "reboot required" warning? The Telnet menu reboots gather and present status information before the "are you sure" query - the WebIF reboots ought to do that too.

The Schedule Event table is now awkward to read with IE11 and at one of the Chromium based browsers when using a large screen. Even on a 1366 it does not read as easily as it did before.
I can just use firefox for the webif but I'd guess there would be still some who just use IE and will encounter the same.

I've cleared caches, rebooted all but in 1.2.1-5 I'm getting awkward to read Schedule Event tables in both IE11 and in an obscure Chromium based browser. It is somehow defaulting to a width of a 100% in both those browsers but it is OK in Firefox.
Not OK - IE11 WebIF 1.2.1.-5 Schedule.png Not OK - Other Chromium based browser WebIF 1.2.1.-5 Schedule.png OK - Firefox WebIF 1.2.1.-5 Schedule.png

Last edited:
How about a reboot button on the scheduled events page, to save clicking through to the diagnostics page if you've dismissed the "reboot required" warning?
And do we really need two reboot popup warnings? As a click on the 'Reboot' button is not really something that could be done accidentally. Could they not be combined?

The Schedule Event table is now awkward to read with IE11 and at one of the Chromium based browsers when using a large screen. Even on a 1366 it does not read as easily as it did before.
I can just use firefox for the webif but I'd guess there would be still some who just use IE and will encounter the same.

I've cleared caches, rebooted all but in 1.2.1-5 I'm getting awkward to read Schedule Event tables in both IE11 and in an obscure Chromium based browser. It is somehow defaulting to a width of a 100% in both those browsers but it is OK in Firefox.
I'll have a look into it.

Back