[webif] Web Interface version 1.2.1 released

The conflict recording is also broken on webif 1.2.1

How do I downgrade webif to a version that had the conflict working. I knew that following bh advice of always update was wrong and now I regret it.

Did I say always update? I also say don't fix what ain't broke. The point is you can't complain about something not working if you are not on the latest release.

af is very responsive at fixing things, so it shouldn't be a problem. Somebody needs to test things out, and some features are used by relatively few people.

I'm not sure how long this has been a problem, but spot the difference:

ScheduleProblem1.jpg

ScheduleProblem2.jpg

The Breakfast recordings are manual timer settings on Mon-Fri repeat.

I set one of these as a test and got what you got. Then I deleted the (only) preceding dead schedule entry and everything displayed normally.

Good spot. I did the same, and now have this:

ScheduleProblem3.jpg

Apart from this display error, there is a case to be made for pushing the dead entries to the bottom of the list, below the manual settings and then the OTA. In the SUI, items appear in the order of when they will next be actioned (not including the OTA entry, which is hidden).

(Note the OTA entry is still there, despite having disable-ota installed and a reboot immediately previous. This particular machine is on 1.02.32/3.02, but I am seeing the same on 1.03.12/3.02 - see http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/disable-ota-seems-to-have-stopped-working.6065/.)

Last edited:
Fix looks to be this:
Code:
humax /mnt/hd2/mod/webif/html/sched # diff index.jim~ index.jim
--- index.jim~
+++ index.jim
@@ -119,7 +119,7 @@

puts "</td>"

-  if {$ended} {
+  if {$_ended} {
  set ds "[clock format $s -format {%a %d %b %Y %H:%M}]"
  puts "<td nowrap class=va>
  --- -- --- ---- --:--<br>
Not good style to have such names IMHO as it easily leads to stupid errors such as this.

No, not once I realised the difference lines are preceded and succeeded by three lines of non-differing lines for context.

The fix I have committed is bigger because I sort out the variable name confusion too. Like most things, it's the product of evolution rather than design.

The fix I have committed is bigger because I sort out the variable name confusion too. Like most things, it's the product of evolution rather than design.
Appreciate that. Sometimes the hardest thing is thinking up variable/class names. I hate it!

Happily the new WebIF and RS schedule views are not expanded to full screen width today in my vintage browser. The slightly larger font in the WebIF does assist legibility but neither view is as easy on the eyes as they used to be, I think. Readers: pardon me if this is all obvious and have been taken into account when designing the recent changes, but visual interfaces work on contrast. The eye naturally goes to areas of high-contrast, which in the case of the schedule view is in the channel logos and the recording mode. The programme text and start time in between are more important information but these are pushed to the visual background and so one has to actively look for them. The previous interface version flattened the contrast differences between the different parts of the schedule view by the use of borders around each field, making the whole easier to read. Perhaps borders could make a return, or else the programme & time font size & colour could further be improved.

Back