[webif] Web Interface version 1.2.1 released

Perhaps borders could make a return, or else the programme & time font size & colour could further be improved.
Thanks for the feedback. I take your point but do think the new look is a bit cleaner and more modern than the old. What do other people think?

The style of the web interface can be customised through the EXTRA.css file so if you'd like the borders back you can go into Diagnostics and then File Editor. One of the files in the Commonly edited files box at the bottom is: /mod/webif/html/css/EXTRA.css

Open that file and add the following lines to it:

Code:
table.schedule { border-spacing: 2px; }
table.schedule tr > * { border: 1px solid; }

You'll need to be on webif 1.2.1-7 for this to work properly as that's the version that added the schedule class selector to the table.
You can also change the font colour or size in a similar way. So, for example, you can turn the text black and make it 1.1x larger with:

Code:
table.schedule td * { color: black; }
table.schedule td { font-size: 1.1em; }

I did notice the difference and probably given a month I will be just as accustomed with this as the old one. I can see it very well on my phone so it's fine for me.
What I seem to see is that the new changes are quite radical behind scenes and quite a few things got broken. Can someone confirm if the rs failed recording email still works?

The style of the web interface can be customised through the EXTRA.css file ...
/mod/webif/html/css/EXTRA.css
The most recent update has over-ridden the dark style for Schedule I had created in Firefox's Stylish Add-on.

I used CSS code like this:-
Code:
html body {
  background-color: #000  !important;  
   color: #EDEDED  !important;
}
.even {
  background: #333 !important ;
     color: #FFF  !important;
}
.odd  {
  background: #000 !important ;
}
That's just a snippet.

However, the green and cream table backgrounds have defeated me.

Which classes and elements should I be addressing to change the table row background colours?

Hi,

I've been directed here with respect to WebIf but I wonder if this is correct place, hope so and if not sorry and any suggestions were.

Its a request for help or an additional feature in the WebIf. I can not see how to setup a manual record with in the WebIf itself and have to return to the handset on the Humax to do so.

So can a manual record be set and if so how?

OR

Could I put a request for a feature to include a means of setting a manual recording where you can set the following.

* Name for the recording, default in the Humax are somewhat meaningless to the actual recording
* Place to store the recording, one off or repeat recordings
* Channel, Date, Start time and End time of recording, of course
* Once only or repeat and what type of repeat, of course

The Humax handset method does the above but for the naming and storage location and needs me to return to using the handset. This in turn prevents me from remotely setting everything up or setting things up whilst I'm using the box for play back or the TV to view something else, which I often do.

I'm amazed anyone wants to make manual recordings on a regular basis, but I'm sure it can be accommodated.

I doubt a destination folder can be specified - the Humax firmware won't act on it even if in the input fields (corollary: there is some investigation going on at present re spoofing CRID details, which may result in being able to specify a folder for non-series recordings, but I don't see how that will help a manual recording). The sweeper package is designed for handling that kind of thing, it relocates recording files once the recording is complete according to criteria and rules you specify in advance.

See also Things Every... (click) section 3 regarding the pros and cons of recording methods.

I'm amazed anyone wants to make manual recordings on a regular basis, but I'm sure it can be accommodated.

I doubt a destination folder can be specified - the Humax firmware won't act on it even if in the input fields (corollary: there is some investigation going on at present re spoofing CRID details, which may result in being able to specify a folder for non-series recordings, but I don't see how that will help a manual recording). The sweeper package is designed for handling that kind of thing, it relocates recording files once the recording is complete according to criteria and rules you specify in advance.

See also Things Every... (click) section 3 regarding the pros and cons of recording methods.

If the destination can't be set then OK, but the manual recording helps back to back records with un-reliable transmission signals.

The most recent update has over-ridden the dark style for Schedule I had created in Firefox's Stylish Add-on.

Try:

Code:
.even, tr.even > * {
  background: #333 !important ;
}
.odd, tr.odd > *  {
  background: #000 !important ;
}

Re: Manual Recordings

I thought the OP's request was weird too until I thought about it a while.

I use the occasional manual recording too when there are sequential programs I'd like to record, mainly on the radio and I don't want one shows ending to chop the start of the other.

I usually set the 1st show to record then go into the schedule and change the time to cover both programs.

Naming the recording would be good, doing it the way I do above ends up with the recording being named the program preceding the 1st one which is fun when it comes to playing them back & I don't remember recording.

I doubt that's possible in advance, either. I imagine it would be necessary to change it after the event.

How about a reboot button on the scheduled events page, to save clicking through to the diagnostics page if you've dismissed the "reboot required" warning? The Telnet menu reboots gather and present status information before the "are you sure" query - the WebIF reboots ought to do that too.
I am working on improving the reboot function. With the ir package installed, it could even be used to bring the box out of standby prior to the reboot, to reduce the risk of it ending up in standby, although I accept that we don't yet definitely know what causes that to happen!

2015-02-11 14_33_31-Humax HDR Fox T2 (humax).png

I am working on improving the reboot function. With the ir package installed, it could even be used to bring the box out of standby prior to the reboot, to reduce the risk of it ending up in standby, although I accept that we don't yet definitely know what causes that to happen!

Not sure if this helps, or is even relevant, but my own experience has been that about 1/5 times I perform a reboot from WebIF, the T2 ends up in standby.

In my case, it is never in standby beforehand - the picture is visible on the TV. The reboot appears to work normally, with the Humax logo, right up until the disk is about to spin up. The clunk of the disk powering up occurs, but is immediately associated with the TV going blank, and the normal whine of the disk spinning up does not occur.

Just for whatever it's worth...

Back