[webif] Web interface

@af123, is it possible to add the +OPT option to folders not just files in the web interface?

Yes, it's possible although large deletions will need running in the background in the same way that it now works with the TV remote, which adds to the complexity.

Basically it is possible to extract the hdr's root filesystem (using humidify, and unsquashfs) to the HD's hard drive, remap a couple of the necessary folders from the HD's filesystem to the one now on the drive using mount (/usr and /opt specifically), link /media/drive1/videos to /media/My Video, kill the hummytv executable (preventing the box from rebooting using af123's additions for the webif), and run the HDR's one. Then copying to an external volume (be it real, virtual, or network) will decode the video as it does on the HDR :) I've been meaning to finish streamlining the process, put up a proper "how to" for a while and post the scripts, but been rather busy recently... Hopefully finalise it all shortly...

Thanks for the replies and the outline explanation of the process involved.

As this is beyond me currently :(, I think I will definitely wait for the publication of a 'how to' before tackling this.

Presumably if things go wrong, one can re-flash the HD box back to how it was, or am I wrong here because the box is just being temporarily 'mapped' to a new configuration and a power-cycle (off and on) would restore it ??

Presumably if things go wrong, one can re-flash the HD box back to how it was, or am I wrong here because the box is just being temporarily 'mapped' to a new configuration and a power-cycle (off and on) would restore it ??
Yep spot on, a reboot will take it back to your standard setup.

Yep spot on, a reboot will take it back to your standard setup.

Sounds good! :).......In that case then, I wouldn't mind having a go at this - I can learn as I go along! :D

Any chance of using your script and I'll obviously need the HDR elf (still reading-up on these!) etc. etc. What's the best way to get this from you, is it already stored somewhere?

Here we go then........:eek:

Af123: Think there is deffo an issue with the hummypkg site. Just tried loading the wiki on my iPhone and it hung.
A refresh made it load.

Sounds good! :).......In that case then, I wouldn't mind having a go at this - I can learn as I go along! :D

Any chance of using your script and I'll obviously need the HDR elf (still reading-up on these!) etc. etc. What's the best way to get this from you, is it already stored somewhere?

Here we go then........:eek:
Started a conversation with details in - check your inbox

The auto-unprotect script also makes changes to the dms_cds.db database.

Ah I thought there was more to it. Could the download option check the decryption flag and the dms_cds.db file and change them if necessary before doing the download. That would make the whole process more transparent.

Got a strange error while using the download option. Most of the time it works fine but on one directory I get this:-

Error 500: Internal Server Error
CGI program sent malformed HTTP headers: []

I think it has something to do with a ' in the folder name. ie Harry Potter & Philosopher's Stone

By the way great interface af123, it is amazing you got it working so quickly. Well done.

EDIT: just changed the folder name without the ' and it works, but only on file names that also don't have a ' in them.

Ah I thought there was more to it. Could the download option check the decryption flag and the dms_cds.db file and change them if necessary before doing the download. That would make the whole process more transparent.
I like that idea, then it would be event-driven rather than having to run in the background and clear everything that it finds.

I like that idea, then it would be event-driven rather than having to run in the background and clear everything that it finds.
Me too. That would be a really neat solution and, I think, is much closer to what the actual box does. The down side is that you won't be able to stream the HD content to a PC unless you've accessed it through the download option previously.

The down side is that you won't be able to stream the HD content to a PC unless you've accessed it through the download option previously.
You could if you also had the Auto-Unprotect script installed too.
As long as the two scripts dont conflict with each other, then i dont see why couldnt co-exist.

Me too. That would be a really neat solution and, I think, is much closer to what the actual box does. The down side is that you won't be able to stream the HD content to a PC unless you've accessed it through the download option previously.

That's easily fixed, change the ENC flag option to include changing the dms_cds.db file too when turning the flag OFF.

Update on iPhone Skin, hopefully a package of the first release should be available v soon. Once it is I'll start a new topic to collect feedback and ideas of functionality to add.

Anyone else noticed an issue with the display of folder sizes? Images below show the issue I see, where by it's not showing the size of the "My Video" folder.

It's because those items within /media/ are symbolic links which have no size. It works fine if you browse /mnt/hd2 which is the target of those links.

hd2.png

Just uploaded 0.64-1. Only a couple of changes:
  • Fix downloads of files with apostrophes in their names;
  • Show sizes of symlinked directories (with @ prefix, see below.)
links.png

Started a conversation with details in - check your inbox

Been too busy to report until now, but last week successfully decrypted some recordings on the HD box with it ‘put into HDR mode’. Played them over the network using the Samba share too – very pleased indeed! :):)

My thanks go to Drutt and moppet for their help.:)

I've been a long time lurker on here since getting my HDR Fox T2, but have taken the plunge & installed the web package, though when I try to setup a recording via the web interface I get the following error message, despite rebooting. What am I missing?
Error encountered while scheduling the recording: Disabled during testing

What am I missing?

I've been a long time lurker on here since getting my HDR Fox T2, but have taken the plunge & installed the web package, though when I try to setup a recording via the web interface I get the following error message, despite rebooting. What am I missing?
Error encountered while scheduling the recording: Disabled during testing

What am I missing?

It's disabled by default, you need to follow the instructions here...

It's disabled by default, you need to follow the instructions here...

If you're feeling brave, and are willing to accept that it is untested and may result in almost anything happening to your box...
It's really for developers only at this point.

Back