[webif] Web interface

If you're feeling brave, and are willing to accept that it is untested and may result in almost anything happening to your box...
It's really for developers only at this point.

Have to say I've not had any problems with it. what is the the worry, is it the killall?

Thanks - I'd read that other post, but didn't spot the vital line!

I've enabled it & will accept the risk - I'm loving the new found features of this box - I sorely miss my original TIVO box from years ago, but can't help thinking some of these mods are steps towards some of the missing bits & bobs. Great work.

The package management screen on the WebIf doesn't seem to be showing the latest upgrades available - particularly WebIf (reported from Pseudo-dad on his HD-FOX, confirmed on my HDR-FOX). Should it automatically refresh the list from the on-line packages?

He's on WebIf 0.6.4-1, I'm on 0.6.3-3.

Belay that, I've just noticed the "update packages list from the Internet" button. I got an "object error" to start with, but it's doing something now...

...no, stuck saying "processing request" at the moment.

Have to say I've not had any problems with it. what is the the worry, is it the killall?

Rebooting via killing the humaxtv process isn't very clean and I haven't yet confirmed whether it properly syncs and unmounts the disks so it could lead to corruption (although ext3 is journaled so it should be safe). Otherwise the scheduling hasn't been widely tested and does no conflict checking at all, adding overlapping programmes could have undesirable effects which need investigating (volunteers?).

The next version of the webif that's in development adds the new programmes to a different database and the entries are synced across during boot, before the humaxtv process launches, which is much safer. It also uses a different technique to reboot the box.

It will also add a pretty funky remote scheduling feature that I think people will like :D

The package management screen on the WebIf doesn't seem to be showing the latest upgrades available - particularly WebIf (reported from Pseudo-dad on his HD-FOX, confirmed on my HDR-FOX). Should it automatically refresh the list from the on-line packages?

He's on WebIf 0.6.4-1, I'm on 0.6.3-3.

Belay that, I've just noticed the "update packages list from the Internet" button. I got an "object error" to start with, but it's doing something now...

...no, stuck saying "processing request" at the moment.
...still waiting.

I tried a reboot, no change.

Rebooting via killing the humaxtv process isn't very clean and I haven't yet confirmed whether it properly syncs and unmounts the disks so it could lead to corruption (although ext3 is journaled so it should be safe). Otherwise the scheduling hasn't been widely tested and does no conflict checking at all, adding overlapping programmes could have undesirable effects which need investigating (volunteers?).

The next version of the webif that's in development adds the new programmes to a different database and the entries are synced across during boot, before the humaxtv process launches, which is much safer. It also uses a different technique to reboot the box.

It will also add a pretty funky remote scheduling feature that I think people will like :D

Ok, I'm happy to do some testing. Do you have a list of scenarios you'd like tested or do you want me to idiot testing and just trying to break it?

Before I check for updates (via the Webif), I always click the update packages button first. Then when that has completed, I click the update button. There may or may not be updates available.

Just worked ok for me. Though it has been a little slow a couple of times I've tried it in the past.
Just tried it again, same thing (processing request....). I think it might be something to do with the "Web page: Object Error" window that pops up first time. I should try refreshing the web interface (except the package manager isn't working - there's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza dear Liza) so I suppose I'm best off reloading 1.02.20 and then 1.10 over it and bringing in all the packages again.

Back