[webif] Web interface

Shrink and Rename working here now, Thanks.

When I have figured out the way to replace the dot in my 'hidden files', I will try Shrink on the recording containing the colon in its name to see if that is still a problem.

Using Rename I changed a time-shifted recording of Neighbours to Neigh: bours and Shrunk that. It completed successfully.
I seems there is no problem now, but I will still try the recording I tried earlier (# 1331), probably after the weekend.

If you can't get on with iTelnet, try FTP Sprite Free. I just downloaded it and although it's a bit tricky I was able to connect to the HDR, see into my My Video folder, and rename some of my ...shrunk files.

...and downloaded and played a mp4 file - handy!

It goes to show how much I/we have now become used to the extra facilities offered when using the custom firmware. When its is 'broken' we sure do miss it!

I have to say that I use the Web-If to manipulate recordings (move, rename, delete etc.) almost exclusively now.

If you can't get on with iTelnet, try FTP Sprite Free. I just downloaded it and although it's a bit tricky I was able to connect to the HDR, see into my My Video folder, and rename some of my ...shrunk files.

...and downloaded and played a mp4 file - handy!

:blush:

Of course, users of HD-FOXes could save themselves a lot of fiddling around by connecting their USB drive to a Linux computer and using the file manager!

I've done that using an Acer Aspire One (Linpus). I can see all the files but have no right click option to change the name.

:rolleyes:

Try a real computer (sigh)

You probably need to log in as root, or at least launch the file manager with sudo.

I think I've found another anomaly. Tried to move a .mpg using the WebIF cut and paste, and it remained resolutely where it is.

I have just noticed that my manual weekday recording schedule is not sorted to the right place in the WebIF schedule list, possibly because the weekday property is not recognised as valid? The same will apply to the other repeat options, and I am not sure but I have an idea that these are newly introduced at 1.02.20.

I'm having trouble with cut/paste again. I tried to move a .mp4 within the main drive and it wouldn't go, neither to a [] nor an ordinary folder, and it refused to move some normal .ts sets to the external drive. Are these known wrinkles?

By the way, I just crashed it. Had a copy to external going on (using the SUI) and the Paralympics on 4HD, tried to skip back on the live buffer and the box froze. No response to the RC, WebIF, or Telnet. No option but kill the power.

I have just noticed that my manual weekday recording schedule is not sorted to the right place in the WebIF schedule list, possibly because the weekday property is not recognised as valid? The same will apply to the other repeat options, and I am not sure but I have an idea that these are newly introduced at 1.02.20.
Have you tried clicking the green arrow at the header for Start Time?

That does not affect the grouping, only the order if the entries within the group. My Weekday schedule is grouped at the end of the list with the Auto Update entry. Clicking the button to switch the sort order changes the placement relative to Auto Update, but does not make it join the other entries (including my Daily schedule).

The default sort is based on time order, earliest first, but grouped.

Back