[webif] Web interface

You no longer need to set a manual timer as the restore puts the events into the pending table which is synchronised across on the next boot. It's been like that for quite a while, but the message that was shown following a restore has only recently been fixed!
That explains something that I've been curious about recently!! I restored my schedule after doing the rescans for the Rowridge DSO a couple weeks ago, and was wondering why my scheduled events were already there even before manually adding a timer event from the EPG! I did it anyway just in case, better safe than sorry ;-)

I recently installed the humax upgrade followed by the custom upgrade. It has worked perfectly until i was forced to change the IP address because I have configured the LAN using DHCP. This has happened before with no problem, but the last time it happened when trying to access Webif I get a blank screen. There is obviously a connection because Filezilla shows media stored on the Hummy and the portal still works because I can access iplayer. Not only that but through the alternative portal I can see the Webif screen but cannot access any of the apps. Because I cannot access Webif, I cannot use diagnostics. Any ideas?

Nole

Possibly your browser is still trying to access the old IP address? If you assigned it to a shortcut you will need to update it.

Possibly your browser is still trying to access the old IP address? If you assigned it to a shortcut you will need to update it.
Thankyou for your suggestion but I have entered the address manually with the same result. I have also tried reinstalling the custom upgrade again. All seems to go well but when I enter the ip address to install Webif, it obviously thinks it is already there because it asks for user name and password. However it doesn't recognise the password.

Nole

Aha! So you set up a password did you? We've been here before. I'm sure somebody has the answer if I don't find the relevant post first.

Sorry but a short wish list.

1. link to forum and wiki on front page of webif.
2. telnet control from webif
3. control over 'de-crypt in-place'

Many thanks.

Link to forum & wiki - not a bad idea.

Telnet control from WebIF - rather defeats the object. The point about a telnet session is to be able to access the nuts and bolts when the WebIF is down, and also to hide the nuts and bolts from the "less informed".

How much control do you want over decrypt-in-place? What's the problem?

Just be nice to be able to add and remove folders for de-crypt. At the moment I've got it decrypting the lot and need to get telnet working again to make changes.
Either way I'm good, many thanks.

Sorry but a short wish list.
1. link to forum and wiki on front page of webif.
2. telnet control from webif
3. control over 'de-crypt in-place'

1) Wouldn't that require an Internet Browser driven by the Remote? Not sure we have that
2) There is a sort of Command line in the Diagnostics >> Run Diagnostics feature
3) Not sure what control you want

As it stands, you can decrypt a specific folder or decrypt everything. If you set up a folder (say, "[Decrypt]") and point decrypt-in-place at it, you can use the handset to move recordings into it to be decrypted and out again when done.

On the other extreme, I just decrypt everything as it comes along. The initial purge took about 3 days to catch up, but after that it just gets done.

Did I read somewhere that with the latest version of VLC media player plugin for the Firefox web browser, the WebIf Playing of video files would have the fast forward and rewind buttons?

Sorry to highlight this again, but am I right in thinking that the WebIf play option was supposed to have fast forward and rewind facility or am I missing something?

The reason i ask is, I use my laptop to watch programmes recorded when either not at home, or when I need to use headphones, so as not to disturb other people, and if I had the fast forward and rewind oprions that would be great, so I can wizz through adverts!

1) Wouldn't that require an Internet Brouser driven by the Remote? Not sure we have that
2) There is a sort of Command line in the Diagnostics >> Run Diagnostics feature
3) Not sure what control you want
On 3 I'd like to be able to set the cron job info without having to use telnet and edit the crontab.

0.9.7 (27/04/2012)

• Fix restoration of favourite channels;
  • Add API to allow plugins to place icons on the main page;
  • Remove mediatomb & transmission handling code (now provided in the mediatomb/transmission packages);
  • Fix bug in status;
  • Add Reset New Flag option to folders in media browser;
  • Do not restore DSO events when restoring schedule.

Back