[webif] Web interface

You are correct that auto-unprotect should make HiDef content decrypt in the process of downloading (StDef will decrypt without it), but I am not sure why the download hangs for a file that has to be decrypted on the fly but not for a pre-decrypted file. There ought to be no difference. A file will not download until it has been indexed - you do have the DLNA icon listed with the file name?

However, I have had this trouble with IE8 and when I want to download I use the wget command line utility. You will need the DLNA URL, available from the information panel that pops up when you click the file name in the WebIF media browser.

Thanks Black Hole - I'll try wget (or another browser). I can decrypt in place of course, but that puts a copy of the recording (decrypted) on the Humax hard drive (for good safety reasons). I just wanted to bypass this but with IE8 nothing is straightforward.

dodger : Downloading a recording to the PC using Opt+ / Download only works if the recording is decrypted in place first
The recording will be de-drypted at the same time as download IF content sharing is turned on in the Humax menus AND the file has been allocated a DLNA name e.g. 1234.ts see the Table in the Encryption page on the WiKi HERE

Thanks Black Hole - I'll try wget (or another browser). I can decrypt in place of course, but that puts a copy of the recording (decrypted) on the Humax hard drive (for good safety reasons). I just wanted to bypass this but with IE8 nothing is straightforward.
A copy? I'm not sure about single decryptions, but routine decryption by setting Autodecrypt in the WebIF or using the unencrypt package decrypts and then removes the original. I have all my recordings set to decrypt as a matter of course.

Hi Ezra, yes, both those conditions are met.
To Black Hole, decrypting in place puts the original recording in the folder My Video /_original and the decrypted version straight under My Video

Hi Guys, I think I've got downloading with decryption working in IE8. Instead of using the Opt+ button and then downloading I did the following -
Left click on the filename in Webif / Browse
This brings up "Media Details"
Left click on the "DLNA URL"
and then Save
After downloading an HD recording this way it played in VLC.

No, I certainly don't want an encrypted file - my understanding is that the recording will be decrypted on downloading
OK miss read your question. The auto decrypt version that the Webif runs doesn't leave the original in another folder. If you use it instead of the full 'run overnight' version you don't end up decrypting all your recordings, only the ones in the folders you are eventually going to copy off the HDR. Once decrypted you can either FTP the whole folder in one go or if samba is running just copy them off using windows explorer. It is a lot faster than downloading each file one at a time and as they are already decrypted the transfer is faster too. Hence no use of a browser to download them.

Hi I've just noticed a problem cutting and pasting a file via webif, not sure if it's a corrupt recording but the filename is Brüno_20121007_2238.ts so I'm wondering if the filename is the problem.

When I select and click cut nothing appears in the clipboard?

It could be - the WebIF software does seem to have tight requirements on what is considered "fair game". I couldn't move a .mp4.

Webif 0.9.14-1 just uploaded. Minor update:
  • Add command line status command to show what the box is currently doing (like the status panel that slides down on the menu page);
  • Quick edit links for commonly edited files in Diagnostics->File Editor;
  • Add /cgi-bin/db.jim script to provide raw exports of the EPG and Channel databases.

Found a slight problem with 'status' if the Humax is in TV portal >> BBC-Iplayer mode, 'status' still reports the TV channel that it was last tuned to

I have just noticed an anomaly with respect to the status info displayed by webif (and with the new status command).
I am currently watching live TV whilst copying files to an external drive.
The status seems to think that I am "playing the file being copied".

I assume this is something to do with the fact that the box has to "play" the file to decrypt/copy it.

Not a major problem but just thought it was worth highlighting.

Been like that for ages, I don't think it is that the file is specifically being "played" so much as "read accessed".

I've noticed something odd in the Settings screen - as I scroll down the list of available settings the section titled "Settings for EPG keywords plugin" has a green bar with Keywords, Channel and Description but immediately under that are all the settings for redring.

Also when I try to go into some of the settings where there is a button to open a new screen for that function (eg the new Remote Control option) all I get are the words "Settings Saved" with nothing else on the screen (this is all from my iphone). Anyone else seen this?

Also when I try to go into some of the settings where there is a button to open a new screen for that function (eg the new Remote Control option) all I get are the words "Settings Saved" with nothing else on the screen (this is all from my iphone). Anyone else seen this?
Yes. I selected the "Settings Saved" button and the screen changed to normal.

Correction: It was the "Save Changes" button.

Yes. I selected the "Settings Saved" button and the screen changed to normal.

Correction: It was the "Save Changes" button.
Thanks 4291 (although I didn't see any other buttons on the phone screen but I'll check to see if I need to scroll the screen down)

the section titled "Settings for EPG keywords plugin" has a green bar with Keywords

The (now dis-continued) EPG-Keywords package is messing up the Settings page, In several reports, including my own, the Settings page won't display ANY info. after the EPG-Keywords section at all, the only fix I know of is to uninstall the EPG-Keywords package completely

Back