[webif] Web interface

Thanks and interesting replies. Apologies for not responding sooner, but been away.

Haven't tried the suggestions yet, but had a hunch it might be using writeable flash in some way, so followed the mount/directory links with type JFFS2. Couldn't see anything being written with appropriate timestamps, etc. whilst I was running iPlayer. :(

Stumbled upon: /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt - but I've got a feeling this is a custom TV Portal mod file ?!

However, it contained the following:-

# IPLAYER VIDEO STREAM REDIRECT
controller.redirect.enabled: true
controller.redirect.match: AVTYPE=
controller.redirect.to: file:/usr/browser/iplayer/player/video_player.html

All this and the contents of the .html file above, doesn't mean a great deal to me :)......but perhaps it will to those with TV Portal knowledge ??

Yep, thats the config file for the portal. The above is just telling the iPlayer app to use video_player.html to play the video when AVTYPE=Null
Not where its caching the file.

Personally, i dont think the HD box is caching more than a few seconds. A test would be to see how quick it rewinds/fast forwards once playing.
If it takes more than say >10 seconds, its loading it on the fly (true streaming), if its say <3-4 seconds, its cached it somewhere.

Of course thats all dependant on how good your connection is too.

I dont understand why the HDR downloads the whole file anyway as its streaming - maybe they left the debug code in to do both?? lol

Error message when trying to decrypt a particular file
error.jpg

Personally, i dont think the HD box is caching more than a few seconds. A test would be to see how quick it rewinds/fast forwards once playing.
My Internet connection isn't very good, but iPlayer on the HD-FOX seems to work fine with just the occasional pause. Perhaps you are right. How much RAM does the box have to play with? No FF/REW available on iPlayer, and skip is as painful as on the HDR-FOX.

Sorry I meant skip. Mine has no pausing while playing, and skip works in about 2 seconds, but I do have a 50mb connection..

Not sure on the ram size off the top of my head. 512mb maybe? Or even less..

Jesus that is low. My iPhone has more lol. But then it is meant to be a freeview box and streaming video doesn't need a lot of memory especially when the processor is designed with that in mind.

For those of us used to developing for "high end" workstations not that many years ago think that 16MB is *lots* - it's al the lazy arse GNU crap that eats memory. They can't write efficient code for toffee...

For those of us used to developing for "high end" workstations not that many years ago think that 16MB is *lots* - it's al the lazy arse GNU crap that eats memory. They can't write efficient code for toffee...
The ZX81 ran a chess program including a display of the chessboard, in 1K of Ram, Good old Z80 assembly code

Back