What do you think of my mod?

Andy-in-Ireland

New Member
out with the 3.5" 320GB and in with a 2.5" 1TB laptop SATA hard drive - was goig to fit 1TB SATA SSD drive but they are a bit pricey at the moment and i had a 1TB mechanical lying around. I know its not professional looking with the cable tie holding it in place but it works. - I place it on top of the CI slot

1791388754103.png 1791388805009.png
 
Why can't you put it where the original 3.5" disc goes? There are loads of cheap mounting kits for fitting a 2.5" drive into a 3.5" bay, it's just a piece of metal with some threaded holes and some screws.

Not suggesting what you've done won't work, but you've lost the vibration isolation of the original Humax drive bay. At least I assume the Foxsat has that, the HDR Fox T2 has some big rubbery washers and they are quite good at reducing noise from the drive.
 
To add to what Owen said, which I completely agree with, laptop/desktop drives aren't really suitable for use in PVRs. You'll get away with it for a while, but it's not what they were designed for.
To answer the thread title: Not a lot.
 
Back
Top