What do you think of my mod?

different version of MIPS processor like I said.
It's a bit more than that. One is big-endian, the other is little-endian. It's effectively a complete architecture change.
I thought you were pointing out a script based package might work ported from one box to the other.
It might, all other things being equal. But all other things aren't equal. If they were, don't folks think the 'port' would've been done and the package put in the repository?
 
It's a bit more than that. One is big-endian, the other is little-endian. It's effectively a complete architecture change.
Oh wow. Well I wrote code that got compiled for MIPS Magnum workstations back in the late 1990s among many other unix variants, and when I asked "why is the MIPS binary twice the size of the binary for any other processor?" work stopped and we spent the afternoon on a deep dive into the stupidities (as I saw it) of the MIPS architecture at the time. The main issue being up to half the binary ends up being NOPs that the compiler has to put in because the processor had no register score boarding. MIPS thought that would be a performance enhancement, and pretty much proved the opposite. If half the code is NOPs, half of the cache is full of NOPs for a start.
 
I thought I would give fan.opk a go anyway and here is the error I got on reading the USB after my attempt. it means zilch to me other than its not indeed compatible with the foxsat HDR320 S2

Install started
Collected errors:
* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for fan found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package fan.
Install done
 
Really?


Maybe you'll work it out and stop being so...
so ? - it was still worth a try , I am inquisitive and wanted to try it myself and see what happened - even at the point of thinking i might brick it by trying to load a opk package for a fox T2 on it - I thought at least I would give it a go.
 
Back
Top