What To Do with a Dead or Unwanted HDR-FOX, HD-FOX, or DTR-T1000/1010

I have used a front panel from a DTR-1010 on an HDR Fox T2 but it wasn't a straight swap. The front usb was wired differently at the plug end, the data lines & also +5v & ground were swapped round. Dont just plug it in or it might hurt something. The board was marked DTR T-1010 New CPU B /D Rev 1.0. Part number 01004-00594. Also getting the plug in the main board is tight. Not only that but i swapped the top cover because it didnt fit well with the new front panel. But i have another working HDR Fox T2. The Display board is marked hdr-7510t.
Thanks, I've added that information to my repair topic.

Last edited:
Weird you would think USB wiring should be set by standard
Indeed, i often find the same layout but what the pins in the plug & socket are used for can change. I have no idea why they did this change but ive read that the DTR-1010 can also be a DTR-1000 mainboard with the nice silver front panel. That could mean there are differences between the same model in one way or another. I have another DTR-1010 coming to me & will check it carefully & post pictures. Edit, here you go, the difference between a dtr-t1000 & a dtr-t1010. The socket is rotated by 180.

Attachments

• DTR-T1000 usb socket.jpg
    DTR-T1000 usb socket.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DTR-T1010 usb socket.jpg
    DTR-T1010 usb socket.jpg
    891.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hi, I am new to this forum although I have visited off and on over the recent years. I have a HDR-FOX T2 (with custom FW installed) which I have decided to retire after a number of years stirling service. It is several years old but has never given any trouble at all. Except of course the inevitable disk failure which occurred last year. I did a temporary repair with an old laptop drive I had spare, this did work perfectly well, but not a suitable long term repair. The remote control is virtually brand new and unused since I used a Logitech remote with it from new. If anybody wants it (free!) they are welcome. I would remove my disk drive, and I am confident that is all that is required to get it going again. Collection from Southampton area would be possible or if by post is required, at cost. If nobody wants the Hummy then the remote control must be useful to somebody.

Hi, I am new to this forum although I have visited off and on over the recent years. I have a HDR-FOX T2 (with custom FW installed) which I have decided to retire after a number of years stirling service. It is several years old but has never given any trouble at all. Except of course the inevitable disk failure which occurred last year. I did a temporary repair with an old laptop drive I had spare, this did work perfectly well, but not a suitable long term repair. The remote control is virtually brand new and unused since I used a Logitech remote with it from new. If anybody wants it (free!) they are welcome. I would remove my disk drive, and I am confident that is all that is required to get it going again. Collection from Southampton area would be possible or if by post is required, at cost. If nobody wants the Hummy then the remote control must be useful to somebody.
Second hand HDR-FOX T2 in working condition do sell for around £40 on ebay so don't sell yourself short

Collection from Southampton area would be possible or if by post is required, at cost.
I'm happy to collect from Southampton (9 miles away) and pay whatever is the going rate for a box in good condition without a hard drive.

I have several working HDR-FOX T2 and others. Haven’t used for some years and can’t remember state, some have custom firmware. Free collection Leeds area or ‘post‘ if there’s any interest.

I have an HDR-Fox T2 for collection in London if anyone wants it. I have installed a 2 Terra drive.

There is a slight problem in that the power button on the remote does not work.

The next few months may see an increase in the supply of cheap DTR-T1000 as a source of replacement front panel displays and cases for the HD_FOX T2.

Youview have announced that in a few weeks time the internet functions of the DTR-T1000 will cease to function.
https://support.youview.com/end-of-support-for-humax-t1000/

I'm slightly surprised that ceasing the support includes the loss of all internet functions, but a post by someone with many years of experience as a youview developer appears to accept that the loss of all internet functionality will happen with the withdrawal of support. It appears to include the withdrawal of the supporting youview servers for this model, and not just withdrawal of any of the on the box software update support.

Last edited:
There are separate servers for each model? That sounds surprising to me.
Not separate servers for each model but far more likely is that on the servers some different models may have to be treated slightly differently to the other models. It could be a similar situation to iPlayer which requires the server software to cope with different users' devices. I very much doubt that the BBC has separate servers, virtual or otherwise, for different devices.

Last edited:
Well, that was a short lived system then. Wasn't Youview a system that Alan Sugar had an interest in?
It's not Youview being killed, just support for the T1000* which is about 12 years old now and (from the activity seen here) I'd say perhaps wasn't especially popular.

( * Just been watching Reacher S2 on Prime with the main baddy played by ... Robert Patrick. Those ears and eyes are still distinctive, though the rest of him looks very different now.)

Back