What To Do with a Dead or Unwanted HDR-FOX, HD-FOX, or DTR-T1000/1010

7000 is hardly anything. Less than a year continuous.
That is why I'm surprised that I have accumulated a few of those.

Though thinking about it a bit more, I did buy 2 or 3 youview DTR-T1000 for either their pristine casings, or their bright display, so that probably hasn't helped with my HDD clutter. The maximum time for unattended switch on for a DTR-T1000 is 12 hours.
 
The maximum time for unattended switch on for a DTR-T1000 is 12 hours.
Is that before it crashes?

My last experience with a DTR-T1000 is something changed either in the broadcast signal or the internet back end and it could no longer record anything, or even watch most channels live. I foolishly gave it to a friend who thought he knew how to fix it, and a couple of years later I found out he'd thrown it in the WEE recycle in disgust. Waste of a good front panel, case, hard disc and for vertical tuners HDR Fox T2 (I have one) power supply.
 
Is that before it crashes?

My last experience with a DTR-T1000 is something changed either in the broadcast signal or the internet back end and it could no longer record anything, or even watch most channels live. I foolishly gave it to a friend who thought he knew how to fix it, and a couple of years later I found out he'd thrown it in the WEE recycle in disgust. Waste of a good front panel, case, hard disc and for vertical tuners HDR Fox T2 (I have one) power supply.
The maximum time for auto-power off, for both the old software and the 2017 re-write was 12 hours. There is and was no way of switching off auto-power off.
 
Back
Top