What we Know so Far . . .

Two days later and the "avalable to order in store" has been removed from Homebase's HDR-2000T page.
It is back in there now, but not for home delivery:
Available to order in store
Order at the customer service desk
At £143.99, it seems very good value. Of course, it will be a HDR-FOX T2 that you receive and I don't know if you will be successful if you try and order one.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=230545

... I don't know if you will be successful if you try and order one.
Today the sales assistant appeared both puzzled and curious as to why he couldn't find any homebase that would accept an in store order. I asked whether his search was restricted to just the local area and he told me it covered all homebases and that it just did not make sense that it was classified as 'available to order in store' while he could not find any stores that would accept an order.
He was not surprised that it was not available to order in that store as sometimes he thought that availability could be limited, but something that was stated as being 'available to order in store' but was not available to order in any stores was new to him.

It still reads like a description of the HDR-Fox T2 i.e. nothing new, apart from the section headed "Once you've removed the HB-1000S from its box", where it goes on to say "Step 2 Plug your satellite feed into the Humax receiver" :)
I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to be Humax's own version of YouView, e.g. more catch-up services etc. I can't see the point in creating the HDR-Fox T2 again, it must have something new to offer
BTW
For a moment I though they had inserted a picture of the old 8000T
hdr_2000t.jpg

Just received this email from Humax Direct:
Dear Humax user,

In December 2003 Humax shipped its first PVR's in the UK.

In recognition of this fact and to celebrate our first 10 years in the UK, Humax Direct would like to say thank you with a special competition for all of our users.

There is no purchase required to enter, and all you need to do is click on the image below and answer a simple question to be in with a chance of winning one of ten super prizes.

Note the Grocer's Apostrophe. Further on it goes on to say:
PS. Check out HumaxDirect on Monday for the latest addition to our family!

Is it nailed on that this new box will support iptv? Do all new products have to support it?

Posted on the move

Otherwise, it looks very similar, if not identical, to the existing T2s!

Might support IPTV if that's now part of the digital tick requirements.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

At least there won't be any need to remove the orange filter from the display, as it doesn't have a display.:(

There does seem to be an element of cost saving around the 2000t.

Also, does anyone else think that the release of this 2000t makes the release of the fox T2 "RE" even more bizzar?

Maybe the T2 RE is a 2000t in a Fox T2 case?

Posted on the move

Also, does anyone else think that the release of this 2000t makes the release of the fox T2 "RE" even more bizzar?
No. They won't ditch inventory just because they can't get the same tuner modules any more. The replacement tuners are a stop-gap while they shift the last of the production run.

I wonder if the new unit is 'locked down'.

In my minds eye, I can see Brian's mouse pointer hovering over the BUY NOW button!

No front display would be a deal breaker for me.

I wonder if the new unit is 'locked down'.

In my minds eye, I can see Brian's mouse pointer hovering over the BUY NOW button!

No front display would be a deal breaker for me.

I have No current plans!:D

Back