What we Know so Far . . .

The specs on the humaxdirect web site say that the PSU is integrated and Barry has alluded to that change on myhumax.org too.

I'm guessing that the downloadable PDF is based on a prototype. It claims an external power supply and the photo of the rear panel shows a circular 'laptop like' power supply socket. There are lots of little inconsistencies: it says that the 500 GB model can record 125 hours of HD TV, and 300 hours for the 1 TB model! It also claims a 1.4a HDMI standard: the website claims 1.3a. I bet that there are more errors to be found with careful scrutiny. Do you think they proof-read their literature and website? They must do surely? You'd think they would want their promotional literature to match the product on sale at launch?

On another point, it is a shame that there is no USB 3.0 port. This would make file copying a lot quicker; unless they don't want you to do that, of course!

On another point, it is a shame that there is no USB 3.0 port. This would make file copying a lot quicker; unless they don't want you to do that, of course!
Stuff USB... I presume it still has a 100Mbps ethernet port as well, rather than a 1Gbps one?

Wonder what the small door/slot is on the front panel next to USB?
Yes maybe they have moved the Common Interface / smart card slot to the front, although there's no mention of it in the pdf
EDIT
In the Amazon picture, the slot next to the front USB has gone, click for bigger pictures

hdr_2000t-2.jpg hdr_2000t-3.jpg

Loping at the remote I can't see any jump or fwd/rwd buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

EDIT I can now.... Right at the top, not very ergonomic :-(

It does look like they are trying to reduce the price point and the box certainly isn't as attractive. Nice to see they're continuing to produce non-YouView boxes though.

The lack of a front display would put me off but I know some people find it distracting. Humax's problem all along has been that they don't make their boxes configurable enough. How hard would it have been to introduce a brightness setting for the VFD or a setting to stop it scrolling? Those are the two main complaints about the HDR-Fox T2 display. Still, I imagine that leaving it out has saved a few pounds per unit.

The specs also say two-colour LED versus the three-colour LED ring on the HDR-Fox T2. Could be another mistake in the specifications' sheet or they may have decided that red and orange are similar enough to combine.

... On another point, it is a shame that there is no USB 3.0 port. This would make file copying a lot quicker; unless they don't want you to do that, of course!
Does the 2000T support any extraction of SD or even any archiving of programmes?

Has anyone got hold of a user guide for this yet?
Although no user guide ever gives the full story away sometimes it gives enough detail for whether buying one is worth considering.

Back