What We Know So Far ...

Pretty astounded that there are no skip buttons tbh as they are surely the most used buttons on the whole remote, are they not?

Will reserve judgement for now but from what I can gather from reviews so far its not looking great. Although glad to see its £200 rather than £300 which is what i paid for my foxes.

I have to agree, however (pure speculation), I wonder if it's down to commercial broadcaster pressure. At least with terrestrial there's virtually no limit as to the number of boxes and TV's you can connect to a single aerial.

It seems clear the box was released earlier than it should have been (hence it was temporarily withdrawn from sale). Work in progress I suspect.

There is a Android and IOS app available for the box (perhaps scope for emulated skip keys).

And of course there is the Webif remotes for the HDR FOX T2 (and the Foxsat-HDR). I often use my phone to control both my HDR FOX T2's.

Incidentally the skip keys on my original Foxsat-HDR remote (2008) still work OK.

I have to agree, however (pure speculation), I wonder if it's down to commercial broadcaster pressure. At least with terrestrial there's virtually no limit as to the number of boxes and TV's you can connect to a single aerial.

It seems clear the box was released earlier than it should have been (hence it was temporarily withdrawn from sale). Work in progress I suspect.

There is a Android and IOS app available for the box (perhaps scope for emulated skip keys).

And of course there is the Webif remotes for the HDR FOX T2 (and the Foxsat-HDR). I often use my phone to control both my HDR FOX T2's.

Incidentally the skip keys on my original Foxsat-HDR remote (2008) still work OK.

Just looking at the remote now Graham, what do you think of it?
Seems strange seeing the channel numbers at the bottom and FF play etc at the top doesn't it, don't know what to think about that, will it be more intuitive to use like this maybe, I'm not sure, would love to try it.

Just looking at the remote now Graham, what do you think of it?
Seems strange seeing the channel numbers at the bottom and FF play etc at the top doesn't it, don't know what to think about that, will it be more intuitive to use like this maybe, I'm not sure, would love to try it.

Having 4 Humax boxes, pretty sure I would find it a tad frustrating :)

Mind you swapping the skip key functions on the remote between freetime boxes and the other Humax boxes used to drive me to distraction :(

Your existing remote will work with the new box incidentally (but sadly not the skip keys).

This remote is an improvement on the HDR-FOX T2 remote, which has too many tiny buttons close together.
I suspect, as with the HDR-FOX T2 remote, I will replace it with my Harmony 300 remote.
The FVP-4000T remote, with its sharp edges, does look a useful weapon against burglars...

Just imagining burglars now...

The first burglar sees the remote and runs a mile forgetting what he broke in for.
The second burglar sees the remote, takes pity, so leaves with nothing.

I have purchased an FVP-4000T this morning, and have now got it set up and tuned. I have not got much time to play with it today, but if anyone has any questions, I will report back later.

I have purchased an FVP-4000T this morning, and have now got it set up and tuned. I have not got much time to play with it today, but if anyone has any questions, I will report back later.

Looking at the screenshots that were posted earlier in this thread it looks like it only only shows 5 channels at a time on the guide whereas the HDR shows 7 channels. Also no picture in picture in guide, is that correct?

Also, does the jump forward/backwards work OK. I understand you have to press the OK button then either side of the OK button?

Thanks

Looking at the screenshots that were posted earlier in this thread it looks like it only only shows 5 channels at a time on the guide whereas the HDR shows 7 channels. Also no picture in picture in guide, is that correct?

Also, does the jump forward/backwards work OK. I understand you have to press the OK button then either side of the OK button?

Thanks
Yes, the guide shows 5 channels with no PIP. I have just tried making a 5 minute recording, and can confirm that the skip forward/backward function works well with just one extra button press than the HDR-FOX T2.

The specification on the John Lewis site states that the unit has scart connectivity. Argos concur and even have a special offer on the FVP 4000T and a "gold scart lead" bought together. Those pictures I have seen show no scart socket. Does anyone know if there is direct scart connectivity.

The specification on the John Lewis site states that the unit has scart connectivity. Argos concur and even have a special offer on the FVP 4000T and a "gold scart lead" bought together. Those pictures I have seen show no scart socket. Does anyone know if there is direct scart connectivity.

In common with pretty well all new kit, no scart socket. Only analogue outputs are RCA Phono CVBS(Composite) and analogue stereo audio.

The Argos spec. HERE doesn't mention as scart connector, although the special price 4000T + scart lead is still on this page, which is pretty misleading, I wonder if there is a 4000T + dog food special offer :)

Those could be adapted to a SCART input if required, phono-to-SCART leads are readily available (but a SCART-SCART would be no bloody use!).

In common with pretty well all new kit, no scart socket. Only analogue outputs are RCA Phono CVBS(Composite) and analogue stereo audio.
At least with SCART you had the choice of RGB, Y/C or CVBS.
Those could be adapted to a SCART input if required, phono-to-SCART leads are readily available (but a SCART-SCART would be no bloody use!).
Doesn't improve the quality though.
The Argos spec. HERE
What a shambles that page is. Weight 1.3g ? Littered with grammatical errors, random claims, omissions, half truths...

Yes, the guide shows 5 channels with no PIP. I have just tried making a 5 minute recording, and can confirm that the skip forward/backward function works well with just one extra button press than the HDR-FOX T2.

Thanks, shame about not seeing so much on the guide now, and PIP is useful too, but I guess that's progress ;)

Has anyone looked at the file formats yet? I know from posts at MHO that you can copy recordings to USB and that standard def. recordings are copied unencrypted. It could be like the YouView boxes which only encrypt high def. or like the HDR-FOX which encrypts everything and decrypts standard def. on copy. Could someone post a hmt file from a high def. recording, assuming that there is a hmt of course?

Has anyone looked at the file formats yet? I know from posts at MHO that you can copy recordings to USB and that standard def. recordings are copied unencrypted. It could be like the YouView boxes which only encrypt high def. or like the HDR-FOX which encrypts everything and decrypts standard def. on copy. Could someone post a hmt file from a high def. recording, assuming that there is a hmt of course?

Suspect it's the same as a Foxsat-hdr, SD not encrypted, HD encrypted according to broadcaster flag. It appears you can copy recordings directly to a PC (ftp ?), so at a guess no decryption is involved.

Seems our Australian relatives get this box instead http://www.humaxdigital.com/au/buy2.php

This comes with Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth connectivity easily expandable storage and 4 (yes that's FOUR) tuners, all for the same price as this box! Puts our FVP-4000T to shame.:(

Still the shame shoddy looking remote though:cool:

Back