Wishlist

I realize that this can't be addressed by a firmware u/g but for future designs, I wish Humax would make the PVR, TV, etc. device selection buttons recessed to make accidently pressing them almost impossible. Far too many times I, or someone else, has inadvertently pressed one of the other buttons and then I'm left wondering why the HDR isn't responding. The first couple of times it happened I re-booted it thinking it had hung!
The first thing I do now when my better half can't get it to work is to check the device selection button. 9 times out of 10 that's the problem.

I wonder if it's possible to set it up so that all devices activate the T2 so it doesn't matter which one is pressed?

The first thing I do now when my better half can't get it to work is to check the device selection button. 9 times out of 10 that's the problem.

I wonder if it's possible to set it up so that all devices activate the T2 so it doesn't matter which one is pressed?

the first thing i do is check its turned on (its ok she never looks at my posts, i hope)

Shrink - Brilliant - Thanks:)
However, I would like to be able to use the check boxes and click a button, as with "De-duplicate / Tidy" to process all the selected recording in a directory.
It can be very tedious if one has to process each file of 12 individually.

Frankie my parrot watches TV with me!

Michael

You can set any directory to "Enable Auto-Shrink" which will process all of the recordings within it.

Thanks Brian,
Those options were not there last time I tried the OPT+ button against a directory, I must not have tried since updating the webif to 0.9.12. Tried it and it seems to work fine.
There is a reference to "webif_auto.log", where is this to be found, searching the forum at 12 noon today has yielded nothing other than (see webif_auto.log).

Michael

You can set any directory to "Enable Auto-Shrink" which will process all of the recordings within it.
Please be careful at the moment. It is still under development (which is why I haven't posted anything in the web interface thread about it) and has some problems with files over 2 GiB. I will be uploading a fixed version later today.

1. Bigger text on Info and EPG - on a small TV it's barely readable (my 9200 was fine).
  2. Clock bright enough to read in standby.
  3. Clock displayed as well as Channel when switched on.
  4. Return of PiP.

Being able to see IMDB, Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes scores for films in the web interface would be very handy. Don't know if any of them have APIs for that sort of thing.

Oh, and maybe one day it would be great if somehow we could get thumbnails on the PVR for non-hummy files. Think this isn't possible though if i recall.

Oh, and maybe one day it would be great if somehow we could get thumbnails on the PVR for non-hummy files. Think this isn't possible though if i recall.
Is there a use for the thumbnails? How do you use them?

Is there a use for the thumbnails? How do you use them?

If you put MP4's onto the box you can't see what they are in the same way you can with files the box records.

Obviously i can read the filename, but my 4 year old daughter can't.

She never knows what she wants to watch until she see's it!

If it was possible (which it isn't as far as i know) to show one of the mp4's frames as the preview thumbnail in the list that would be great.

Hi
Newbie to the T2 but former user of a Toppy with TAPs - so a bit spoilt
here's my wish list - not really technical functionality - but correct me if this stuff can already be done
1. Option to get a vertical epg by channel ideally on second press of guide button (with point 5 it would be perfect)
2. Grey out channels not available on EPG
3. Record from start of buffer option (instead of rewinding etc)
4. no loss of schedule when retuning (not really a wish - a bugfix)
5. Have option to have more, potentially full infomation text on top of epg (get rid of little view box in top left) and just highlight on epg what channel you're on

finding a bit weird some of this functionality is on other humax boxes, have doubts about consistancy on humax products, but that's probably due to my ignorance?

Back