Wishlist

they all end up in the same folder which reverts to the original title, picked up from the epg i assume

I'm certain that, internally, the Hummy identifies the folders by the "programme ID" (the label used to make series link work - not sure what it's really called) and the visible name is the name of the first programme in the series. Therefore there is no need for it to change the name back.

The evidence for this is the fact that if you rename the folder, it still knows what's in it, and if you set series link to record the Formula One GPs and, say, the first one after you set the schedule is the Belgian GP then the folder is called FORMULA ONE BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - but all subsequent GPs go in that folder too, even though the programme title is different - Turkish GP, Japanese GP, etc.

Bet the same thing happens for football too.

Wonder what happens if you rename the F1 folder? Will it rename it back to the first GP (Belgian in the above example) or the name of the one it is recording when it reverts the name?

Wonder what happens if you rename the F1 folder? Will it rename it back to the first GP (Belgian in the above example) or the name of the one it is recording when it reverts the name?
The Hummy will simply create a new folder with the programme name of the next in the series it records. Would be nicer, in my opinion, if it simply used the renamed folder...

which was what i said, the first title is reused for any subsequent recording in that series, the f1 is a good example, but for instance the most recent one has been the "how drugs work " series, first one had cannabis in title, changed folder just to those 3 words, when ecstasy and cocaiane appeared each time the folder changed to the initial programmes title, very frustrating, and hopefully simple to amend?

Seems to me that Humax should give the whole folder and programme storage thing a dose of looking at. Shouldn't be too difficult as it's probably only database management.

Aside from this renaming folders issue, there's the yellow triangle issue I mentioned in an earlier post - which I've since found also manifests itself if you move an unwatched programme into a folder with no unwatched programmes; the folder icon doesn't get a yellow triangle. So the folder icon needs to be updated dynamically to relflect the contents and status.

Also, I'd like an option to create folders for genre. For example, films are stored in the top level folder as one-off programmes. I've created a folder called 'Films' and move films into it, but the foldee icon is just a plain folder, no info about the contents (yellow triangle again). I'd like to be able to have the Hummy automatically put all films in a folder called 'Films' (or any name I choose).

top of my wishlist....more firmware updates!! been ages and ages now, surely us forum members could be treated to a weekly usb tweak?

Weekly? That would lead to much more confusion than was recently seen with the dud Foxsat HDR beta. You would have at least four versions in the pipeline at any one time: Being developed; Released for testing; Released to Change Management; Released.

I would love a way of maintaining the transmitted resolution. By this I mean that if you tune the Fox into an HD channel then it automatically outputs to the TV in HD (ie 1080i). On the other hand if you tune into an SD channel then the output is automatically 576i.

There should be the ability to choose your output if your TV does not support, for example, 1080i.

Bit puzzled by this one, you only get the choice if you connect by hdmi, scart is always 576i. What TV's with hdmi sockets don't support 1080i ?. What I think you want is an option that's on the foxsat-hdr ans seems to be missing from the hdr-Fox an hdmi output setting of original.

always set your starting point high, i'd settle for monthly really, but dont let them know that ok??
You only want firmware drops when there is something to fix, fixes are done when they are done and few companies would want to put out one fix at a time, that leads to more cost. How much more would you have been willing to pay for the box to support the extra costs.

Software development is not free.

Additional functionality is an unexpected bonus so I don't care when it comes

playback of recorded programme still being recorded

When playing back something which is still being recorded when you catchup with the end of the recording (skipping ads) currently it all stops dead. Would it not be smoother to go to the live broadcast in the same manner as when you're playing catchup on a rewound live transmission. I know that if you are tuned into the channel of the recording you could just hit exit to go to the live broadcast, but you would have to tune into this channel prior to watching the recording and thus watch something which might spoil the recording for you, eg sport broadcast,etc.

Bit puzzled by this one, you only get the choice if you connect by hdmi, scart is always 576i. What TV's with hdmi sockets don't support 1080i ?. What I think you want is an option that's on the foxsat-hdr ans seems to be missing from the hdr-Fox an hdmi output setting of original.

Yes, thanks for the clarification. I would like an "original" setting so that I don't have to keep switching the Fox manually in order to avoid the slightly fuzzy 576i picture when it's upsclaed to 1080i i fyou have the Fox set to 1080i.

You only want firmware drops when there is something to fix, fixes are done when they are done and few companies would want to put out one fix at a time, that leads to more cost. How much more would you have been willing to pay for the box to support the extra costs.

Software development is not free.

Additional functionality is an unexpected bonus so I don't care when it comes

Additional functionality may be a bonus, and software development may not be free, but if it gives your product an extra couple of years self life (save on tooling for new product), and keeps your customer base happy (buy new products when they do come).

it not a waste of money, and could save money

and its the main reason i buy hummy products, and especially this one, as i knew it would be improved and tweaked as time goes by

for me the benchmark is still the topfield with its user friendly appraoch to improvement, imagine how much better the humax would be if this was allowed too??!!

and its the main reason i buy hummy products, and especially this one, as i knew it would be improved and tweaked as time goes by

for me the benchmark is still the topfield with its user friendly appraoch to improvement, imagine how much better the humax would be if this was allowed too??!!

never owned a toppy, when i bought my 9200, it was a choice between the hummy and the toppy, the shop only had the 9200 in, so there you go, couldn't wait, as usual.

heard good things about them though

Additional functionality may be a bonus, and software development may not be free, but if it gives your product an extra couple of years self life (save on tooling for new product), and keeps your customer base happy (buy new products when they do come).

it not a waste of money, and could save money

True it's not a waste of money unless you do it so often the cost outweighs the benefit. I would hope that their finance department know how often is right, but its probably a case of sticking your finger in the air and hoping, I have little faith in many decisions, there are just people who are lucky and those who aren't.

never owned a toppy, when i bought my 9200, it was a choice between the hummy and the toppy, the shop only had the 9200 in, so there you go, couldn't wait, as usual.

heard good things about them though
I always wanted a Toppy, but for some reason bought a Hummy 9200:( but I've made up for it now, as I currently have Four Toppy's.:D

Back