Wishlist

framedtoo

Wishlist

to start this topic off, when a folder is deleted off the harddrive, i wish it didnt go to the top of the list again

Re: Wishlist

yes I agree - very annoying.

I would also like a "flat view" - i.e. to be able to see all files regardless of which folder they are in. This would be very useful when doing the monthly prune of all the old recordings that you've either watched or have no intention of watching.

...and it would be good to mark the recordings that you've watched and those you haven't.

The most annoying thing for me is the auto generated folders for series linked recordings. I would prefer it if they were Not created at all, but would be happy with a menu option to disable them.

scrishton said:
...and it would be good to mark the recordings that you've watched and those you haven't.

The little yellow triangle in the top left corner indicates that a programme has not been watched.

Sandholme said:
scrishton said:

The little yellow triangle in the top left corner indicates that a programme has not been watched.
It would also be useful if you could "Re-Mark" a recording as unwatched after you have started watching it.

another annoying thing is, when in the guide genre and you sort by abc but then swap to another section, you have to press sort twice to get back to abc

Just a few i have already mailed them about..

iPlate to be opened with up/down cursors so that it can be used as a quick now/next.
Currently this only works if you open it with the i button on the remote. If you change channels and the iPlate becomes visible, you cannot press up/down/left/right.

iPlate displays wrong icons - if you are on BBC HD for example and use the iPlate as above to view info on another channel, the icons display incorrect info. Last night for me it was showing all channels were broadcasting in 1080i and some others look wrong too. EDIT: - Humax are aware of this bug 13/01/2011 EDIT 2: FIXED IN 1.02.07

Add iPlate icon meanings to somewhere in the menus so we dont have to reach for the manual - They are not all in there anyway! i found them in a post on DigitalSpy!

List button on the remote is duplicated with the OK button for the channel list.
List button should be replaced with a channel program guide. Like the EPG but vertical instead of horizontal, and only for that one channel.

Add the ability to trim recordings (both from the start and end).

Change the media menu so that pressing right on a recording opens the +OPT menu (time saver).
EDIT: Delete is now at the top of the menu in 1.02.07 so its sorta quicker..

Change the media menu sort option into a popup menu.

The media menu sort by Time is wrong. This should be labelled as by Date.

After playing a .MP4 file the sound does not work on HD channels. If you leave the box on standby, it corrects itself. (this bug is not constant).

I would really like the i-plate to display the next program alongside the current one.

I would love a way of maintaining the transmitted resolution. By this I mean that if you tune the Fox into an HD channel then it automatically outputs to the TV in HD (ie 1080i). On the other hand if you tune into an SD channel then the output is automatically 576i.

There should be the ability to choose your output if your TV does not support, for example, 1080i.

I hate the colour scheme on the iplate! It just seems to go against the rest of the schema humax uses (which is quite nice!)

So a wishlist for me would be to change that colour scheme.

MrP.

I don't like the way that the display works when viewing a recording.
What is the point of displaying a truncated version of the recording name with the elapsed time? surely if you are watching a recording you do not need to be told what you are watching. :rolleyes:
Some people don't like the scrolling, but that doesn't bother me.
I would just like to see "Play" plus time remaining (with the option to show elapsed time if preferred)

I don't like the way that the display works when viewing a recording.
What is the point of displaying a truncated version of the recording name with the elapsed time? surely if you are watching a recording you do not need to be told what you are watching. :rolleyes:
Some people don't like the scrolling, but that doesn't bother me.
I would just like to see "Play" plus time remaining (with the option to show elapsed time if preferred)

That scrolling dosn't bother me but it does my wifes head in,she covers the display up so she can't seee it.

I've found a bug related to the yellow triangle. If you have a folder containing several programmes and one is unwatched, and you delete that programme (without watching it), perhaps because you watched it live or it's a repeat, then the yellow triangle still appears on the folder icon - most annoying.

As for wishes, I would like the list of keywords in the Search function to be longer. At the moment there is about 8 (the number of lines in the display) but when you add another keyword it deletes an existing one (the oldest I presume). Why can't it be a scrolling list?

one for me..... from my "hacked" TiVo functionality is to be able to access the box from the network. So I could tidy up my recordings (and move around to diff storage) and idealy be able to look at what is scheduled to record, and be able to set new recordings all from my PC....
As i say, I have all of this with an antique box whith some hacks created by others....all be it a single tuner SD device........

one for me..... from my "hacked" TiVo functionality is to be able to access the box from the network. So I could tidy up my recordings (and move around to diff storage) and idealy be able to look at what is scheduled to record, and be able to set new recordings all from my PC....
As i say, I have all of this with an antique box whith some hacks created by others....all be it a single tuner SD device........

LOL That's progress for you!

The only reason I have gone hummy is for the HD.... and dual recording...... The TiVo is still going to keep plugging away recording all sorts of stuff from the sky box! :)
Hey.... the TiVo even sends me an email everyday to tell me what it is doing over the next few days, and if there are any conflicts that it needs me to sort out!.. and I can do it over the web!
Hummy is fantastic on the picture quality though!

The most annoying thing for me is the auto generated folders for series linked recordings. I would prefer it if they were Not created at all, but would be happy with a menu option to disable them.

I think these are great, but would like it to be able to track them if I move them later, for example I would want the kids stuff in a top level folder called kids, then I'd have kids/Scooby Do, kids/Octonauts etc. instead of having to have them at the top level. Letting us choose which folder to put a series in would work and would allow people to choose not to do this too.

It would also be good to be able to shrink the font size a bit and see more on the screen, or even have multiple columns of folders so I'm not forever scrolling up and down to get an idea of what's on there.

I've got nothing against folders in principle, but they don't work for me in everyday recording. I do occasionally use an odd folder or two on my Toppy's, but I have full control of them.;)

I've got nothing against folders in principle, but they don't work for me in everyday recording. I do occasionally use an odd folder or two on my Toppy's, but I have full control of them.;)

i like them and i don't. i'd like for me to decide, if a recording go's in a folder, and which folder it go's in

Back