Amusing Items

I'm slightly the wiser.
You had to be there, but perhaps a pre-stone age squirrelly thing so fixated on hanging onto an acorn that every possible scrape befalls him appeals to my funny bone the same as Wile E Coyote trying to catch a roadrunner. As is common with movies pitched at the kids, there's a lot going on in the background to amuse the adults.

Thanks for that; pity it's such a poor rip (and the same problem I had - trying to find a good one anywhere). I bought a Minion DVD and that particular short isn't on it. It's not possible to say what had me practically rolling on the floor without spoiling it for other people, so spoiler alert:
Minion in biohazard suit collects dog poo into a bag, whipping away a fresh one from behind a very satisfied corgi who then turns to find nothing... while in a different subplot another minion has a shock and goes into hyperventilation... I spotted what was going to happen and was in creases before the punchline.

It's stuff that can only happen in the surreal world of cartoons, and IMO cartoons lose their charm when the CGI makes them too realistic.

My favourite is with the enormous hoard of acorns, where the final one causes Pangaea to separate.

I don't like the CGI version of Thunderbirds either. You need to see the strings. Can you imagine a CGI version of Wallace and Gromit? :eek:
I never liked Thunderbirds. Or Andie Pandie.

So 2 weeks ago, I decided to order some stamps online, but my wife said we would need to go to a post office soon, so get them then. A week later, it turned out the object we needed to post was freepost and letterbox friendly, so just needed to buy the stamps. 2 post offices later, both with record breaking queues, I decided again to order online from royalmail.com. A week later still not arrived. You would think...ah well.

both with record breaking queues

I was going to get some stamps the other day - saw the queue out the door and down the road and turned round. (They only have one counter, so you know they'll be several people sending 3 packages to disparate foreign places.) It's not good at any time of year, but December ... :eek:
Got them in Tescos when I was there.

So today when SWMBO (who is self isolating as you know) asked me to take a package to the PO for her she got a hollow laugh and a terse reply. Instead I printed a Hermes label (I already use them for stuff like eBay sales), stuck it on, walked to the One Stop shop (different area to the PO but same distance), straight up to the counter, beep, beep, done.

Before my time. In any case I would have though muffin the mule was illegal or, at the very least, animal abuse.

Last edited:
Back