Amusing Items

The "grounded coffee" sign (post #79) has been changed - unfortunately for the worse!

8ba25d76f411b0112ed8ebdfa43ac68a.jpg
no spam on the menu

That's jolly remiss of them Andrea. Plenty of upper case letters though and incorrectly used exclamation marks (or whatever you want to call them).

Not to mention the weight as oz, what happened to grams, or may be it was written after we left the EU, back to Imperial measurements, yipee, there is also no currency symbol, are we to ass u me that we pay money or pay using ???

I think that the oz thing is fairly common when steak is mentioned.
I think it's probably along the lines of having to buy our petrol in litres, but then using the Imperial miles and gallons to show fuel consumption. Or even an 8 by 4 sheet of ply which is actually 2400 x 1200mm. And 4 by 2 is also a lot easier to say than 100 by 50.

Neither. It just ain't that size whichever way you measure it and whether it is planed or not. Just one of those near enough is good enough things that most everyone knows exactly what you are talking about.

The population of the UK wants to have its cake and eat it!
Hot temperatures - Fahrenheit. Cold temperatures - Celsius.
Mixing ounces and gram[me]s all over the place. And as Trev pointed out: litres, gallons and miles. :eek:
Perhaps that menu should have the prices thus:
Code:
Bacon Batch.................... 70/-
6oz Cheese Burger and Chips ... 99/-
No confusion over whether it is money or something else, and would probably please some of our older readers. :D
metric twooe by fourre?
Shirley that is deux par quatre.

That's better. Do it in cm = 5x10 simples. WTF do builders and the like insist on 'doing it' in mm, when cm or m would give far more manageable figures. 8x4 sheet becomes 12x24.

Actually plywood does more often than not come as 8'x4' sheets where as plasterboard is 2400mm x 1200mm. It can become a real pain for dry liners who often have to use ply as a backing for the plasterboard which requires studwork set at 400mm or 600mm centres.

Last night I was amused by a programme title that I came across while browsing the Humax guide (on the TV):-

Killer women with pie

Do these ruthless women lure their poor victims with the offer of a tasty pie? But when I navigated to the programme the full title turned out to be, "Killer women with Piers Morgan". Quite a let down :)

Back