AR Effectiveness Survey

Aren't they available on the manual tuning page for any frequency. Or is that not what you mean?

It's a shame we only get strength/quality for the mux in use, but I can't imagine there's any way around that!

Aren't they available on the manual tuning page for any frequency. Or is that not what you mean?
I'm talking about the Channel Information on the WebIF, but now I look at it again I'm only getting results for a mux I'm not currently watching!

Sorry, my fault - I will have another go with a smaller image
Muxes-sml.jpg

Is that better?

Mine always shows results for all channels too. I wonder why yours isn't?

I don't know but AFAIK it has only ever done this since the "Channel Info" has been available - I am completely up to date with Custom and WebIf versions?

Is there any significance to the yellow coloured rows - in different places on our displays?
It's a quirk of the alternate row colouring. The channel detail (shown when you click on the view link at the right continues the alternate sequence.

Woodbar & Black Hole :- I was wondering why you seem to be getting a different number of channels from the same (Mendip) Transmitter e.g. :-

Wood bar : CH48 = 11 CH52 = 16 CH54 = 8 CH 58 = 4 C61 = 18 CH67 = 11
BlackHole : CH48 = 11 CH52 = 13 CH54 = 8 CH 58 = 4 C61 = 20 CH67 = 9

Dunno. I have deleted a load though, maybe Woodbar has also deleted some? Would that make any difference to the count?

There should be a lot more services actually, I presume the count does not include radio and text.

Yes, It looks looks like the numbers shown are the total number of channels available minus the channels you have deleted, In my case I had kept all available channels and sorted the ones I wanted using a favorites list, However I have just deleted an 'Adult' channel and the total for that MUX. has gone down by one.

Yes that seems to be the reason - likewise I have deleted all shopping, adult (who are they kidding!) and rabid, sorry rabbit channels

Mine always shows results for all channels too. I wonder why yours isn't?
Mine was showing the results for all the channels but I just did a manual search on channel 34. Guess what, I now only see a 'Signal Strength/Quality' result for channel 34 in the channel listing. I think I may well have done an automatic search previously.

Now I suppose the question is, are the readings continuoisly updated or do they only ever get updated when a channel search is performed?

Aha!

Hypothesis: the strength/quality figures are in the database somewhere (for AF to fish them out and present them), but if you do a manual scan only the channel you scanned last, or all channels for an auto-scan.

I will only ever do a manual scan, to avoid the multi-region problem.

Question: is doing an auto-scan and then deleting all the 8xx services the same as doing a selective manual scan?

Question: is doing an auto-scan and then deleting all the 8xx services the same as doing a selective manual scan?

It depends on whether the unwanted channels use higher uhf channels than your preferred transmitter. Scanning starts at 21 up to 68. The first mux found is stored at the lower lcn. If the unwanted transmitter uses lower channels than yours and there is no interleaving you can pull the aerial till the scan has gone past the last uhf channel you don't want.

It depends on whether the unwanted channels use higher uhf channels than your preferred transmitter. Scanning starts at 21 up to 68. The first mux found is stored at the lower lcn. If the unwanted transmitter uses lower channels than yours and there is no interleaving you can pull the aerial till the scan has gone past the last uhf channel you don't want.

When I do an auto-scan, my box asks me which region I prefer and it puts the other one at 800+. I then delete the 800+ channels and haven't had any problems.

Presumably the signal strength/quality data is only updated following a scan.

That sounds like a theory - I ONLY ever manual tune - and I sort of have the habit of doing the HD mux last - that's why that is the only one in the display then!

Back