[CFW 2.19/1.03.06] Custom firmware for version 1.03.06

As Black Hole never mentioned it, do you mean 1.03.06.;)
Actually, I originally posted with that bit highlighted too - but then I had a crisis of confidence (early morning) and removed that highlight.

What should be clear on his willy was funny enough!

af123 posted an Extracted Original FW 1.03.06 if that is what you are looking for - can't see it elsewhere.

Maybe you don't need it but I thought one had to load it first before the 1.03.06 CFW.

Earlier in the thread af123 said “Just install the CF2.19 update directly.” [post #24for machines that come preloaded with 1.03.06]. I think the idea of loading the extracted firmware onto “older” machines/machines with older firmware was experimental...

I have very recently purchased two HDR-T2s; both are RE hardware and both came with 1.03.06 preloaded.

I successfully installed the CF for 1.03.06 directly onto them within a day or so of them arriving. I did not flash the 1.03.06 extracted firmware. I would recommend that anyone who wants to try the CF for 1.03.06 on machines that are preloaded with 1.03.06 follows af123’s advice. The caveat is, of course, that it is a custom firmware...

As I have not owned a HDR-T2 before so those minor odd things I can see may relate to all CFs. For example:

Scheduled events beyond now&next are not shown (the small red clock) if you view the full EPG for a channel that has them.​
Setting a hostname other than “humax” does not seem to stick (it says it has done it, but it keeps being returned to “humax” when the system is restarted).​
The fan package does not seem to work; In fact it appears to permanently disable the fan after a cold boot. I’ll test it again and report to the fan package thread. Update: Report of observations posted to the fan thread.​

The fan package only affects the minimum fan speed, from cold the fan is set to minimum and will only change from this when the HDD gets up to 55 Deg. C. So from cold you should expect the fan to be running at the minimum value chosen in 'Fan Settings' this value can be set to zero % i.e. off

Setting a hostname other than “humax” does not seem to stick (it says it has done it, but it keeps being returned to “humax” when the system is restarted).
What are you trying to change the hostname to?

The host name should work - but the WebIF settings panel doesn't report it properly. If you look in the WebIF top banner, it should read "Humax HDR Fox T2" with your host name in brackets, and the host name will be the command prompt in the Telnet session. Note this is not the name that gets reported as a DLNA server, that can be changed but requires a personalised custom firmware.

Actually, I originally posted with that bit highlighted too - but then I had a crisis of confidence (early morning) and removed that highlight.

What should be clear on his willy was funny enough!

Really ??? Now you are just making it up - It clearly said Wili

:)

The host name should work - but the WebIF settings panel doesn't report it properly. If you look in the WebIF top banner, it should read "Humax HDR Fox T2" with your host name in brackets, and the host name will be the command prompt in the Telnet session. Note this is not the name that gets reported as a DLNA server, that can be changed but requires a personalised custom firmware.
Ah! Yes it does have it in the banner, thanks! And of course I had seen that :oops: . brian: I have called them hdrfoxt201 and hdrfoxt202, as I found it rejects it if I use "-" (for hdrfoxt2-01 and hdrfoxt2-02).

brian: I have called them hdrfoxt201 and hdrfoxt202, as I found it rejects it if I use "-" (for hdrfoxt2-01 and hdrfoxt2-02).
I found that I couldn't use spaces, or special characters, so I was wondering whether that was your problem.

You may notice that this thread has been split off from the large 1.03.06 one. I've updated the first post in this thread too to better explain the current situation. Hopefully it will make it easier for people looking to update to 1.03.06 to find information.
I'll update the Wiki 'warning' too.

Thanks to Brian for doing the hard work of separating the threads.

You may notice that this thread has been split off from the large 1.03.06 one. I've updated the first post in this thread too to better explain the current situation. Hopefully it will make it easier for people looking to update to 1.03.06 to find information.
I'll update the Wiki 'warning' too.

Thanks to Brian for doing the hard work of separating the threads.

Great - Thanks to both.
:)

Re Sluggish EPG on HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE boxes.
I attempted to raise this with Humax, however, the person I spoke to seem very disinterested stating that he did not know of a problem. I was so incensed by the could not care less type attitude I entered a complaint on Humax Facebook . Has anyone else contacted Humax about this problem?

I attempted to raise this with Humax, however, the person I spoke to seem very disinterested stating that he did not know of a problem. I was so incensed by the could not care less type attitude I entered a complaint on Humax Facebook . Has anyone else contacted Humax about this problem?

But they have not published this firmware and there's no problem on the new boxes that come with this firmware.
Seems a bit hash to complain.

Its a bit like modifying your car and then complaining to the manufacture the fuel economy is worse than before.

I'm sure it will get fixed. Who uses the EPG anyway when the browser is so good. None issue for me.

Back