Channel 4 HD Leaving Freesat Thu 22 Feb 2018!

True - but that doesn't matter with the Foxsat as long as you install the patch straight away.
In fact I prefer the way it works on the Foxsat that recording are never encrypted.
As I understand it, on the T2 recordings are initially encrypted but then get unencrypted.

For scheduling C4HD I've just been using the web interface to add a manual event which is pretty easy (and you can enter the name which is an advantage).
The only downside with that is that the webif won't let you schedule a recording for C4HD if you've got another event even if they're on the same transponder so then you have to do it on the box which is cumbersome.
Does anyone know if there's a way to override it? Would be great if it warned you but let you go ahead anyway if you know the recordings are compatible.

In the custom firmware settings how many cables have you specified the box has ?

Do you mean edit using the webif?
On my system the edit option is always greyed out. Any idea why?

No edit on the actual box, you can do it using the WebIf remote packages but of course you have to be watching the box output on a TV.

Even on the box you can't specify two non-freesat channels at the same time, only one Non-freesat and one Freesat works irrespective of the number of cables.

Only way to record two non-freesat is manually in non-freesat mode.

Even on the box you can't specify two non-freesat channels at the same time, only one Non-freesat and one Freesat works irrespective of the number of cables.
That's fine. The only non-freesat channel I can ever imagine recording is C4HD.

The most common clash is BBC1 or 2 HD with C4HD. It works fine if I manually set the C4 event on the box.

Would be easier to use the webif or RS portal.

That's fine. The only non-freesat channel I can ever imagine recording is C4HD.

The most common clash is BBC1 or 2 HD with C4HD. It works fine if I manually set the C4 event on the box.

Would be easier to use the webif or RS portal.

The CF isn't clever enough to know what channels are on which transponders, so assumes all double recordings are impossible (it would have to download the current channel database) . The Humax settop app is clever enough but knows nothing about extra channels added from the channel editor.

As I understand it, on the T2 recordings are initially encrypted but then get unencrypted.

I believe that's true, but I think it can also chase decrypt during recording, anyway the process is invisible, when ever I check my T2 recordings their already decrypted.

The CF isn't clever enough to know what channels are on which transponders, so assumes all double recordings are impossible

Is there any way the CF could be modified so that when it detects a clash it warns you, but gives you the option (at your own risk) to proceed anyway?

Is there any way the CF could be modified so that when it detects a clash it warns you, but gives you the option (at your own risk) to proceed anyway?

Possibly but the author Raydon hasn't been seen on any forum in many months. AF123 would have a much better idea as if I remember correctly he helped Raydon in developing the Foxsat version.

The word is "decrypted", rather than "unencrypted" - which implies the payload was never encrypted in the first place.
[pedanticMode]Not disputing that Nathan possibly went down the road of Mrs. Malaprop in this instance, surely it depends on the context.
Once something has been decrypted it is no longer encrypted and thus unencrypted (i.e. not encrypted). In that scenario, the 'payload' had been encrypted, but no longer is. [/pedanticMode]

Once something has been decrypted it is no longer encrypted and thus unencrypted (i.e. not encrypted).
I found myself substituting words into this, to see if it makes sense...
Once something has been declassified it is no longer classified and thus [is now] unclassified. Makes perfect sense.

OK. You win that one BH:oops:
But the point that I was making is that 'unencrypted' does not imply 'the payload was never encrypted in the first place'. It might have been, but has subsequently been decrypted so is now unencrypted.

Nathan. Do not be alarmed or let all this 'bickering' put you off, it is commonplace on this forum and generally taken in the light-hearted manner? in which it is meant.:)

Hi,

A little bit off topic. I have 80% video data on my 1TB internal drive. I am looking to ftp it to my PC in readiness to transfer to the T2 box. However, FTP is extremely slooooow! Is there a quicker transfer method?

Cheers.

Hi,

A little bit off topic. I have 80% video data on my 1TB internal drive. I am looking to ftp it to my PC in readiness to transfer to the T2 box. However, FTP is extremely slooooow! Is there a quicker transfer method?

Cheers.

Take the HDD out of the box and drop it into a USB sata cradle. Boot your PC into linux connect the cradle to it and copy the recording .ts files.

Back