Coronavirus Lockdown Chat

Because the kiddy winkies don't go out and buy loads of them and stuff them down their necks like they do sweets.
And the government really believe that banning sweet adverts is going to stop the little darlings running off to the shop to buy sweets. They'll be banning sweet shops and fast food outlets from near schools next. Oh, as you were, they've already suggested that. Never mind. There's enough shops closing because of C-19 lockdown and the country is £1tn in debt, but lets close some more shops. When I was at secondary school it had a tuck shop full of all those sweeties they want to ban. I don't remember that many fatties at the school.

Jeezus F Christ. I'm glad I don'#t travel London to Manchester.
What will happen if they can't rustle up a crew that fits the criteria? Do they cancel it so as not to offend by putting a non LGBT on board?

The logical conclusion in a few years will be that heterosexual, un-regendered white people are not allowed to travel on coloured trains.

Jeezus F Christ. I'm glad I don'#t travel London to Manchester.
What will happen if they can't rustle up a crew that fits the criteria? Do they cancel it so as not to offend by putting a non LGBT on board?
It's probably just a cynical corporate ploy to increase revenues by tapping into the 'pink pound'.
Funnily enough I used to assume that you were gay as you used to use the acronym 'HWMBO' in some of your posts, presumably to refer to your other half. The Dumbledore avatar (J.K. Rowling has said that the Dumbledore character was gay) in this context seemed to be a bit of a nod to this!

Is it not Her Who Must Be Obeyed, occasionally She Who...
And it was the beard that attracted me. And the apparent age.
JK also says people who menstruate are women. What does she know? :roflmao: :frantic:

Is it not Her Who Must Be Obeyed, occasionally She Who...
And it was the beard that attracted me. And the apparent age.
JK also says people who menstruate are women. What does she know? :roflmao: :frantic:
Here's the first five links from a Google search for 'HWMBO'.

Guilty as charged M'lud!

Here's the first five links from a Google search for 'HWMBO'.
Guilty as charged M'lud!
Quite honestly. I don't give a sh1t. :frantic: If BH can call a USB memory stick a UPD, I can call refer to my wife however I like:rolling:. But obviously not to her face.:dunno:

Quite honestly. I don't give a sh1t. :frantic: If BH can call a USB memory stick a UPD, I can call refer to my wife however I like:rolling:. But obviously not to her face.:dunno:
Most of of the stuff in these non-technical threads is steaming ordure. Occasionally I dip my toe in and am reminded why I shouldn't bother.

Or perhaps they want to live their lives and do not have/visit fat/ill grandparents.
Is that an excuse for providing the virus with a breeding ground, whether or not they have grandparents? This situation requires self-control and patience, something younger people can afford to have most of but appears to be lacking.

Is that an excuse for providing the virus with a breeding ground, whether or not they have grandparents? This situation requires self-control and patience, something younger people can afford to have most of but appears to be lacking.
Wow, perhaps something like: Hey folks, we're only young and should have patience whilst the government destroys any prospect of jobs we dreamt we were studying for. Imagine being in medical school knowing your job is disappearing as we speak. Because as certain as day follows night vastly reduced tax income means vastly reduced NHS

Since when was a comfortable easy life guaranteed? Try saying that sort of thing to somebody who lived through a world war*.

There cannot be an economy while the virus is rampant. First, you have to fix that. Second, you can think about how to get by for a few decades without all the fancy decadent stuff the population have no recollection of not being a birthright. If you want to kill off all the people who actually know how to get by without four flights to the sun every year, okay, go ahead, but don't whine when there's nobody there to knit you a scarf or fix your Humax.

* I'm not saying I did, but I'm the next generation and we were still recovering from it. The subsequent generations are just plain soft. Save our Christmas? Why? What's so special about it you can't go without for a year? When I were young, Christmas was an orange and a couple of walnuts in a stocking (no, I am not joking).

Last edited:
Since when was a comfortable easy life guaranteed? Try saying that sort of thing to somebody who lived through a world war*.

There cannot be an economy while the virus is rampant. First, you have to fix that. Second, you can think about how to get by for a few decades without all the fancy decadent stuff
I had to discard the rest since you were building a mighty strawarmy.

If I had to do without such decadent stuff as a JOB, I think I might have the party to end all parties just like those students.

Point one to be addressed later.

Back