Coronavirus Lockdown Chat

This is not enough Boris. You need to bring in a second lockdown:

"The number of people being made redundant in the UK soared to a record high in October amid the second coronavirus wave and as the government scaled back its furlough scheme before an 11th hour extension.

The Office for National Statistics said redundancies rose to 370,000 in the three months to October, the most since records began in 1992."

Oh wait, he agreed to kill just a few more jobs.

If you don't understand the rules then better to err on the side of caution in following what you think they are rather than trying to pick holes in them to selfishly suit yourself.

Anyone understand the new rules?
Only for the Tier we and our Xmas bubble are in.

But I suspect most people will just do what they want anyway. The only part of the rules that probably has any real effect is the stuff like shops and pubs being shut which the police can enforce.
People in general acting responsibly and not selfishly ... :rolling:

The matrix signs on the M4 are announcing "level 4" this evening, but I don't know what that's about - I thought we were going level 4 after Christmas.

That's my Xmas trip scuppered.
My xmas is cancelled anyway. My mother was sent home from hospital after a covid-19 positive test (obviously caught in hospital) .I was concerned enough about the state she was returned in that I consulted 111, who sent an ambulance and now she's back in the house of horrors. I on the other hand have to self isolate for 10 days because I've been in very close contact with someone who tested positive. I mean, I don't have industrial strength (or any other) PPE so inserting tablets into her mouth and getting her to sip water is a close contact sport.

On a slightly lighter note, I managed to visit my dad in his care home yesterday. I haven't seen him 'in-person' since March. We have tried to FaceTime over the months, but it just gets him frustrated as he has vascular dementia.

It was a pure delight to see him and chat, even if it was through a window in a special pod. He still has a twinkle in his eye.

I managed to visit my dad in his care home yesterday.
Yes, amongst the other things that happened with my mother was that she had a diagnosis of moderate-severe Alzheimer's dementia. She seemed to go over a cliff-edge (as the senior paramedic who visited yesterday described it) either just before or on admittance to hospital at the beginning of the month. I was fortunate that having let her home, even for a short while, I could - occassionally - get some connection with the real person.

So, Johnson lets covid get out of control in the South, and now we are to be cut off from Europe. How long before panic buying empties the supermarket shelves? Better buy your bag of sprouts now. But even worse is round the corner on 31st.

(Better stock up with acorns, too.)

So no fault to be attached to the kind of idiots who crowded into the stations and onto the trains last night so they can deliver in person that very special present to their nearest and dearest around the country? 😒

So no fault to be attached to the kind of idiots who crowded into the stations and onto the trains last night so they can deliver in person that very special present to their nearest and dearest around the country? 😒
What? The great British public taking responsibility for something? :rolling:

It's farcical really, even if 'strictly' they weren't breaching the rules until they came into force the following morning they sure as hell were morally. And where are all these people staying when they reach their destination, given that overnight stays are not allowed, hospitality is closed and meeting up is only allowed on Christmas Day itself? I expect they are all being responsible and utilising park benches and railway arches.

And even now with the rules in place, what is the use of police patrolling railway concourses if they are not going to enforce the rules unless 'absolutely necessary' (whatever that means)? They know damn well that pretty much everyone waiting for a train at, say, Euston is breaking the rules and leaving Tier 4 just by the nature of the destinations that Euston serves.

Back