[custom-portal] Custom TV Portal

Had the Custom TV Portal working before - had played around with twitter and picasa both successfully and just updated to 1.11-0 and now I get a pop-up alert when trying to access the portal:
"An error occurred whilst launching the application http://localhost/portal/index.jim"
If I select ok the alert goes away but the screen on the box keeps scrolling with 'Humax TV Portal' until I hit exit on the remote then I get the usual message on the TV telling me Humax TV Portal has ended. Any ideas anyone? I did a reboot after the upgrade.

EDIT: Ignore me, it's working now. Just updated to Custom Firmware 1.14 if that was related I don't know...

Based on using the app yesterday the following channels are available to watch live (but some programmes may not be viewed due to rights restrictions)

106 Sky1
107 Sky Living
122 Sky Livingit
The channels above are not showing for me. And possibly others from your list too, but those are the major omissions I can see. The EPG starts at 'GOLD.'

Good job on the Custom Portal, works well.

(Ref the HD-FOX T2)

I have unplugged my HDD and of course I have lost the Webif. This I expected but the standard TV Portal will not load and I get a jim error message on screen. I clear the message by choosing OK and then find that other buttons do not work until I press exit. I then get the standard message on screen: 'Humax TV Portal has ended' and the remote works again.
Hot swapped the HDD back in and everything back to normal.

Because the Portal has been modded and now relies upon a file on the HDD.
I wonder if this indicates an implementation error? If anything on the HD-FOX version will corrupt the basic operation of the box if the USB drive is removed, maybe there should be a trap to default back to basic?

I wonder if this indicates an implementation error? If anything on the HD-FOX version will corrupt the basic operation of the box if the USB drive is removed, maybe there should be a trap to default back to basic?

The portal only requires the disk if you have installed the custom-portal package. That's because that package changes the portal start page to point to files on the USB disk.

I can confirm that I have the custom-portal package installed. It works well.
With the disk out I do not see the basic Web interface. My iPad does not see the ip address. 404.

I noticed a problem with the custom portal and I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this.

1) If I press the TV portal button and then select custom portal.
2) I then opened $ky player and watch a channel.
3) Closed portal using the exit button.

After doing this I'm unable to change channel using the number buttons on the remote. If go into the user guide the number work though. The only way I can fix this is to power the box using the button on the back on the machine.

I'm also unable to get back into the portal. If I click TV portal I get the "connecting" and then nothing appears on the screen but the front panel on the box thinks I'm in the portal. The only way I can get out of this is the turn the box off using the power button on the remote.

Cheers
Ian

I've noticed this once but could not replicate.
Just take it as a Sky Player bug for now which we will hopefully be able to resolve at some point.

I have been experimenting.
Unplugged the USB HDD plugged the 8GB Medion USB drive, having first removed the 1.14 upgrade and /mod folder which was on there. Did not reformat. Switched the Hummy out of standby. Was able to access the basic Webif via iPad and got the message displayed to install the full Webif. Pushed the button.
Had several fails going through whilst it downloaded, but after rebooting I had the full Webif.
Only Service-control 1.0 and Webif 0.8.1-1 was installed. Mongoose ON.
No piechart of course. Settings do not work so can't extend the available list.
Installed Custom-Portal 1.11.0 and it works. Able to play Sky player OK.

HTH

8GB Medion USB drive
That's all you need to know. Unless you have formatted it Ext3 (somehow, in which case the journalling will kill it eventually), the symbolic links and case-sensive file names which run a lot of the MSP will not work and the results will not be guaranteed. This is hot off the press, having realised what's going wrong with my install only last night. There will (probably) be an Ext2 work-around.

I have been experimenting.
Plugged the HDD back in and everything seems to work as before but...
When I run diagnostic-general I get two fails.

Pass
Pass
Pass
Fail =rwxr = xr = x 1 root root 2567 Oct 23 1:30 config = ocontroller = si = rootfs.txt
Pass
Fail. As above.

Plugged the HDD back in and everything seems to work as before but...
When I run diagnostic-general I get two fails.

Pass
Pass
Pass
Fail =rwxr = xr = x 1 root root 2567 Oct 23 1:30 config = ocontroller = si = rootfs.txt
Pass
Fail. As above.
>>> Beginning diagnostic general Running: general *** Directory Structure *** Checking /mod/boot is a symlink :
Pass Checking /var/lib/humaxtv/mod is a directory :
Pass Checking /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod is a directory :
Pass Checking /mod/boot/2 is a symlink :
Fail: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2557 Oct 23 01:30 config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Jan 1 2000 mod -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod Checking /mod/boot links correctly :
Pass Checking /mod/boot/2 links correctly :
Fail: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2557 Oct 23 01:30 config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2557 Oct 23 01:30 config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Jan 1 2000 mod -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod >>> Ending diagnostic general

Sorry, I've been out all evening.
Yes, plugged back in from standby and switched on via RC. Switched off and on several times but no change.
Most things I have tried so far have worked normally as far as I can tell. I will try a remote recording set up over night to see if that's OK.

Code:
Checking /mod/boot/2 is a symlink :
Fail:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2557 Oct 23 01:30 config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Jan 1 2000 mod -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod

That looks like your disk structure is slightly wrong - not sure how it has ended up that way though.
Try running the boot2fix diagnostic and see if it improves things.

You're a genius!
Worked on the third running. Six passes.

Is the diagnostic box case sensitive? My iPad insists on capitalising the first letter.
I changed it on the second and third tries but I just wondered if I was being too hasty looking for the result and it didn't matter.

Patience is a virtue seldom found in women never in a man! :D

Thanks.

Back