[custom-portal] Custom TV Portal

For a quick fix, run:

wget -qO- http://hummypkg.org.uk/diag/cpfix | /bin/sh

If it says that it's fixed something then restart your Humax using the remote control.

I'll release an updated custom firmware later on which fixes this issue for good.

Installed the custom portal, and ran the quick fix (not sure whether it was necessary...).

Custom portal works, original Humax portal still works fine.

But the Picasa page just hangs on "loading" and never loads anything - anyone else tried it?

PS - thanks to all for getting this set up!

Picasa working on HDFox. It has been a bit slow loading, but is now playing the slideshow.
I am on virgin cable broadband up to 10Mb.

Edit: Just checked. Only getting 2.6 Mbs this morning.

It is playing the sound of the tuned channel. Should it be muted?

The way ChrisDaniels has done the pages the TV sound stays on. I actually prefer that but understand that not everyone might.
It would be straightforward enough to make it a preference.

Yeah I find it jarring when going to an app and all of a sudden you are in silence.
But yes, it could be a setting quite easily.

I was not asking for a change. We all have the option to turn the sound down or off. Or tune into our favourite radio channel as background music. There may be other possibilities.

I appreciate all that all of you are doing. Thanks again.

Just had a new problem.

when trying to get to the Humax portal page or any sites on the custom portal I am now getting a message saying "certificate security validation failure" and it won't load any sites. This is a new problem as everything was working. Anyone else having the same problem?

Running Firmware 1.12 & Portal 1.10.

I've seen a post on myhumax.org saying that the portal is broken at the moment... Humax are aware.

I might be being stupid, but where are the custom portal files stored in the humax file structure?
The locations for the files contained within a package can be found (via the telnet interface) using:

Code:
opkg files custom-portal

[Mainly in /mod/var/mongoose/html/portal]

Would you believe it. I rebooted several times and it kept hanging. After you said 20 sec, it went through like a dream.

Back