Customised HDF file released

Try 'lsmod' - is cifs listed? It should be loaded at startup by the cifs package. If it is listed, then maybe the share doesn't exist.

and if cifs isn't listed, check /tmp/modinit.log for any hints as to why it failed.

Hi there. I've been alerted to this from the AVForums and I am mega-interested (but not yet competent) so I have joined up to register my interest. Well done you guys for providing what I've been waiting for from Humax.

I'm trying to get my head around what has to be done... slowly... and shall be reading this thread a few more times. However (sorry if this has been answered before), I have a very basic question: what will happen if/when Humax transmits an OTA update?

Welcome aboard!

However (sorry if this has been answered before), I have a very basic question: what will happen if/when Humax transmits an OTA update?

The OTA will work and will replace the modified firmware. All of the additional packages that were installed, and files that have been created outside of the official directories, will remain on the external disk but the official firmware has no hooks into it to start things up so they will become dormant. Once someone patches the new firmware again, you can load that and should be exactly back to where you were.

Suggestion: poke a large number into the version code, so the box never thinks there's an OTA for it?

Has anybody had any luck streaming a HD recording to a PS3 using mediatomb? SD recordings are OK but (dycrypted) HD movies throw up an error.

Also, should I be able to view my media stored in my virtual drive on the box? I can see the virtual drive when I select copy but then cannot view the drive on my box afterwards. I can see the virtual drive over FTP and samba but not on the box.

Also, should I be able to view my media stored in my virtual drive on the box? I can see the virtual drive when I select copy but then cannot view the drive on my box afterwards. I can see the virtual drive over FTP and samba but not on the box.
Plug in a USB stick in the front or rear port. When you then select USB from Media the virtual drive will be listed as a USB device also.

I've uploaded a couple of packages this morning. The first is service-control which adds a command line utility (service) which you can use to control the services that are running and whether they automatically start at boot time.

Code:
humax# service
Name                 Installed  Autostart  Running
----                 ---------  ---------  -------
mediatomb            Yes        No         No
dropbear             Yes        Yes        Yes
transmission         Yes        Yes        Yes
samba                Yes        No         No
cifs                 Yes        No         No
mongoose             Yes        Yes        Yes
humax# service stop transmission
Stopping transmission...
Done.
humax# service auto transmission
Disabling auto-start for transmission

If you're anything like me then you have mediatomb, transmission and samba installed but don't need them all of the time. This utility allows you to easily disable automatic startup and then start manually when required. I've also updated the web interface package (af123-webif) to add a service management screen which is a GUI front end to the service command. I am most definitely not a web developer so don't expect too much! It will probably be redundant once FoxxyWeb is developed further.

services.png

Just had to do a couple of bits to get up and going after installing the firmware@

make a /mnt/hd2/mod directory
run /sbin/modinit

Great work chaps :)

Has anybody tried 'stress testing' the box to see just how much it will take before the TV picture starts to suffer?

When logging in with putty to dropbear-ssh I get the following:
Code:
login as: zero
Authenticating with public key "dave"
Passphrase for key "dave":
-sh: ulimit: line 6: error setting limit (Invalid argument)
humax#

Is this something I need to sort out or do I just need to ignore it ?:)

Is this the same as yours:

Code:
humax# cat /etc/profile
# ~/.bashrc: executed by bash(1) for non-login interactive shells.

export PATH=/mod/bin:/mod/usr/bin:/mod/bin/busybox:/bin:/sbin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mod/lib:/lib:/usr/lib

ulimit -S -c 100000000
umask 077

# If running interactively, then:
if [ -n "$PS1" ]; then
        hst=`hostname`
        [ "$hst" = '(none)' ] && hst=humax

export PS1="$hst# "

export USER=`id -un`
        export LOGNAME=$USER
        export HOME=/mod
fi

if [ -f /mod/etc/termtype ]; then
        export TERM=`cat /mod/etc/termtype`
else
        # Reasonable failsafe
        export TERM=vt100
fi

for f in /mod/etc/profile/*; do
        [ -f "$f" ] || continue
        . "$f"
done

I'm trying to complie some new bits directly on the box (small apps so hopefully won't take too long!) but automake seems to be inserting random
thinks into the Makefile. Randon two leter blocks followed by an @ symbole (e.g. KK@ LL@)

I'm using --build=mips-uknonw-linux-gnu with configure

has anybody else had similar problems / found a solution???

I'm using --build=mips-uknonw-linux-gnu with configure

has anybody else had similar problems / found a solution???

I haven't had any problems with small apps, but you shouldn't need to specify --build as it is a native compiler. Maybe that's the difference?

Back