Green screen

i have the same problem with the green screen which is NOW happening a lot....can reset it by turning on and off but now getting worse- just seen the last post and went to the settings to maybe try a factory reset BUT installation and channel lists in the menu are greyed out????- not very tech minded but box is just out of guarantee so need to try and fix as 2years old. its running 7.30 system on HDR-FOX T2- HELP

ust seen the last post and went to the settings to maybe try a factory reset BUT installation and channel lists in the menu are greyed out????
They will be greyed out if the box is recording (or thinks it is recording). If there is a recording taking place then wait until it has finished; if not put the box into standby, wait until the disk stops spinning (maybe 30 seconds) and then turn off the power. Wait 10 seconds and then turn on the power again. Box will boot and go into standby. Bring it out of standby and you should be able to do the reset to default settings.

Did you try to reset whilst a recording was happening or scheduled to record within 15 mins?

Have you tried the V-Format button on your Remote?

Martin

thanks am doing a reset now? so fingers crossed but just checked and running
software 7.30
system 80BC7E00
Microm version 9.30
should these be higher?
also tried to connect red-yellow-white cable to box and av connections on TV but NOTHING- thought I had a scart cable but have dumped them all a while ago
-will this fix if I connect through scart? just want to record and watch without Turning off all time!!!!

As a follow up to my worsening green screen saga detailed in post 78 above, Humax eventually agreed to change out my box and sent me the appropriate form. While copying off my saved recordings, I hooked the box up to a small Panasonic TV recovered from the loft and ....... no green screen problem. Went out and bought a new Panasonic Viera ...... no green screen problem. Cancelled the replacement Humax and consigned the Sony Bravia to the loft!
Not the cheapest of solutions, but it has the added advantage that the Panny has a HD tuner, so the Humax is now only required when recording.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Bravia worked fine with a HD-FOXT2 connected, with no green screen problems.

Robsavva

I now use a scart cable, it works for me and no more green screen. This, I believe, is the cheapest and easiest option, just ensure you get a decent scart.

The Humax will only deliver 576i via SCART so you will only be getting a low-res solution, no 720 or 1080 resolution available via HDMI, so effectively no high def.

However, on the plus side, the picture looks fine, I don't have to scrap the box and I don't get the green screen. To be blunt, I can't notice any difference in picture quality since swapping to the scart.

That's either a testament to the quality of your telly, the quality of the channels you watch, your eyesight, or not having found the VFORMAT button.

No. The VFORMAT button changes the HDR-FOX's HDMI output resolution, cycling between 576i (steam telly), 576p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. SCART/phono only outputs at 576i. Obviously, 1080i/p provides the best possible picture provided the TV is capable of displaying it and the source material is also 1080.

It's the WIDE button that changes aspect ratios.

I don't get the 576p option from the V-Format button, possibly down to my TV / Humax HDMI negotiation, no great loss though

I was posting from memory. I just checked, and with my Samsung TV I made a mistake - 720p instead of 720i. Corrected in the original post.

I have just had my first green screen episode, but it occurred under circumstances we are already aware of. The HDR was turned on while recording, and in this case the HDMI sync would have been with my switch matrix and not with the TV.

I'm currently using firmware 1.02.32 and experience this issue, especially if the scart cable is plugged in at the same time (now removed) but also during semi sleep modes when the humax turns on to record and then you turn it on to watch live tv or something recorded. Doesn't happen all the time and I haven't quite fathomed out the exact steps to cause it to occur everytime yet. I would be interested to know if the newer firmware has improved / reduced the occurrence of the green screen / HDMI sync issues. Any takers? Is this perhaps a question for Barry on the other forum who's name I temporarily forget at present. :confused:

Thanks

Rodp

'Barry' is the name he goes by as far as I know, I don't think his surname is Administrator :). It's difficult to say whether newer releases have fixed all HDMI problems, I suppose we are seeing less of them being reported, but I think that is due to newer TVs being more compatible than old ones. It has been reported for a long time that there are more HDMI green screens when a user turns on the Humax while it is recording from standby and I think this is still the case with the latest 1.03.xx firmware, as I had this happen the other day with 1.03.06

Hello everyone a new joiner to this forum and after reading through the number of other people with a green screen issue I can see I am not alone!!

It would be nice to know what firmware or software I am running but it's impossible to tell because my box manages about 2 seconds of tv before going to the green screen.

Humax told me 2 years ago that this was the HDMI lead and I soldiered on making numerous off and on switches to get it started, finding the inability to start if it was recording on the journey, until now it just doesn't work. Different cables tried check, different HDMI slots used check. Totally frustrated, check mate.

Are Humax seriously trying to say that this is a fault caused by having a Sony or Samsung tv? Two of the biggest selling tv manufacturers in the world?

Unbelievable.

Yes. Ring humax and say this problem has been on going for 2 years and see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back