HDR-Fox T2 Constant Deleting

Thank you I did say I am not familiar with the correct protocols what is private chat for? I've had a personal security concern!and as I have been in private chat once before with another member & believed it was ok- I will not do that again!-

My device reverted back to constant deleting again after 1 day it was suggested attaching my diagnostic reports be attached but was not sure if it was more secure via private chat because when I put the humax IP address in the web browser to get into firmware a warning came up site "not secure" so wondered where to attach my Humax reports I also wondered about my previous attachments that I have posted hense my request to chat with any site member of staff I believed my first issue could be made via the private chat lessons learnt! I've been looking out for staff

I ran the fixdisk all nigh again and it all working again but have not tried to move any of my recording to my external drive again because that when it went wrong

Regards

Blu

Last edited:
A secure connection starts with https://. Note the 's' and the padlock in your browsers address bar.
All connections on your private network are 'secure' (providing that you haven't been compromised) but the router's access address for reasons best known to the manufacturers as http:// (note no 's' and to save on unnecessary encryption). Your browser realises that you are trying to access an http address and flags it as insecure (even though it is on your internal LAN) when it isn't.

So its ok to ignore the red warning message site not secure ? when I go into firmware so my previous attachments cannot be traced Humax ip address if not the same numbers as my computer? if I use a VPN I can still access the firmware which can still access my humax sorry I know you are all experts I was not sure
Thank you

My device reverted back to constant deleting again after 1 day
So it sounds like you need a new hard disk.

if I use a VPN
I didn't intend you to be confused with that. Virtual Private Networks are a means to "tunnel" through the public Internet and access a remote location as if it were on your local network. Some companies advertise VPN services so that your access to the public Internet goes through their servers and cannot be identified with you for privacy. This has nothing to do with you accessing your own devices on your own home network, which is private anyway.

You need to stop worrying about this.

when I put the humax IP address in the web browser to get into firmware a warning came up site "not secure"
Yes, mine say "not secure" too (Chrome browser). That is only because browsers are now marking all non-https web sites as "not secure" - but it doesn't matter that much, and anyway you are accessing the HDR-FOX WebIF on your own local private network so it doesn't matter at all. You need to stop worrying about this.

So its ok to ignore the red warning message site not secure ?
Yes, in the case of accessing stuff on your own network.

When you get that when looking at Internet websites, all it means is "this website owner hasn't gone over to https for whatever reason, and we're going to make an example of him because we want everyone to move over to https whether they like it or not". It is possible that http is more liable to hacks than https, but that doesn't mean any particular http website has been hacked.

it was suggested attaching my diagnostic reports be attached but was not sure if it was more secure via private chat
There is no need for security, you need to stop worrying about this. See my Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click) for an explanation of how to attach terminal listings or files to forum posts. Personal conversations should be reserved for private matters - posting diagnostics in private won't bring it to people's attention who may be able to help, and doesn't help anyone else either. More information about private conversations is in the Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click).

From last Saturday I managed to transfer 1 film to my external drive but when I tried to copy over more the video folder kicked me out into watching live TV as I kept trying to move programs the constant deleting came back. so Iwent back into maintenance mode & fixdisk

despite not secure warning i did go into firmware and kept copies of the various test results first in fixdisk a command request error at LBA 408................ Do you wish to attempt repair I said Y several times but it would not accept Y so I said N then the fixdisk continued through the night please see attached

Please could I ask your your advice as to my next steps? Thank you

Attachments

• CaptureError LBA 408647401.PNG
    CaptureError LBA 408647401.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Diag 22Jan 2020  page2.PNG
    Diag 22Jan 2020 page2.PNG
    65.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Diag 22Jan20202 page 3.PNG
    Diag 22Jan20202 page 3.PNG
    47.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Diagnostics 22Jan2020 16.16.PNG
    Diagnostics 22Jan2020 16.16.PNG
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
In any case, the IP address your Internet Service Provider (eg BT) allocates to the outward facing aspect of your router is not constant and will change from time to time.
Not necessarily.
Mine is constant and doesn't change (because I'm on an account which has a static address).

I suspect BH was talking generally as you usually have to ask (and pay for) a fixed IP.
I bet 90odd% of UK users are on dynamic IP.

Please could I ask your your advice as to my next steps?
You need a new hard disk:
  1. Do the fixdisk stuff again (when it asks for "additional options", enter "-y" - that saves you having to type "y" every time there's a query), then switch off and don't use it.
  2. Obtain replacement HDD.
  3. Fit said HDD, see Commissioning, Disassembling, and Repairing an HDR-FOX (click).
  4. Format HDD using HDR-FOX menus: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Data Storage >> Format Storage
  5. (You can now use the HDR-FOX normally)
  6. Obtain USB-HDD adapter, eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Converte...-0-To-SATA-For-3-5-HDD-Cable-UK-/133101540567
  7. Use the adapter (including PSU) to hook the old HDD up to the HDR-FOX USB port.
  8. Use the HDR-FOX menus to copy recordings from the old drive to the new one: Media >> Storage (blue) >> USB

Last edited:
Without trying to 'confuse the OP'.
Do you let fixdisk mentioned in (1.) run fully before you switch off the box?

PS, I know the answer. Just asked to clarify and confirm for Blu.

I suspect BH was talking generally as you usually have to ask (and pay for) a fixed IP.
I bet 90odd% of UK users are on dynamic IP.
You're probably right, but BH's assertion was pretty cast iron that there was not an alternative.
FWIW, I did have to ask, but didn't have to pay, for mine.
Get with the plot, and stop trying to confuse the OP.
I'm not. I'm just correcting your blanket assertion - "is not constant and will change" - that is wrong.

Hi all
I have attached the full report re fixdisk I hope in correct order.
Next stage please?: Do you need me to run another diagnostic tests? My device is still working ok since 2nd fixdisk although I have not plugged in my external drive. Is there a consensus I run other tests if so which or buy a new drive? (without losing my recordings)

From the diag report are there any glitches still to be dealt with?

just to clarify what I see in video folder when my device goes wrong. Top right hand corner one word Deleting with a buffeting symbol constantly going round . But no actual recordings are being deleted, even the programmes I want to delete do not delete. The file disappears when I press delete but returned after fixdisk.

Lastly I have attached a copy of the Webrowser Not secure with word Jim? at the end. This is what prompted me to seek private advice from a staff member. As a IT novice I realise I have to teach myself that the data I am posting with little or no redacting or software downloading will not comprise any IT security issues . I have various antivirus apps - CCleaner ect.. I will read again links for Newbies Ok enough said on this!

Thanks all for your advice and guidance My main priority is to save my 50- 60 files 30 mins to 1 hour long programs.
Please bear in mind I am not fluent in tech speak so apologies now in case I ask for any translations.

Kind Regards
Blu

Attachments

• Telnet menu.PNG
    Telnet menu.PNG
    60.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Main-Fixdisk One.PNG
    Main-Fixdisk One.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Fixdisk two.PNG
    Fixdisk two.PNG
    24 KB · Views: 7
  • fixdisk three.PNG
    fixdisk three.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Fixdisk four.PNG
    Fixdisk four.PNG
    34.9 KB · Views: 6
  • five Error LBA 408647401.PNG
    five Error LBA 408647401.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Jim Humax.PNG
    Jim Humax.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 10
One thing you can be certain about is that if you should happen to post anything dubious security or privacy wise, someone will alert you to the fact PDQ*.
Don't worry about tech speak abbreviations / tech speak, they can be explained if not already in BH's glossary. It's when people start inventing their own that most of us have problems with.

*PDQ = Pretty damn quick

The wake? Trev do you mean I need to say good bye to my hard drive , buy a new one? ( can anyone recommend which company makes the best drive for Humax) I will go for a new one)

I will run another fixdisk or should I do a diag test if so It will ask me what type of diag test do I want ? and I don't know what diag codes to type for this question .

USB flash drive - I uploaded the first t firmware in the custom firmware ending 80b0) but their are two others? what are these? have I uploaded the correct one.?

Also Firmware has Debug Kernel & Stock Kernel plus supporting files? is it worth I try another firmware?

Can I also ask the forums what is the actual fault problem listed in my diag reports?

Ps while the firmware is running is it ok to watch tv from my Smart tv/IPlayer terminal? will this effect the running of the firmware? Thanks

Regards
Blu

Back