HDR-Fox T2 Constant Deleting

Is there any way I can delete my silly rants entries /conversations from last night got a bit carried away I was in shock I got as far as I did.
You can go back and edit or delete any post you want but remember that the people who have taken the time to respond may feel that they have been wasting their time.
Beat me to it with a reply about editing/deleting items!
Also bear in mind that although you can edit/delete a post, it can spoil the flow of the thread and make some replies look meaningless.

Where I am at now
when i left the Humax box last night front panel: was stuck on 70.0% with a little stick going around Humax box on ( blue dial) TV screen frozen . I left the Humax box on TV screen on standby . last night Putty was in Maintenance Mode - Fixdisk 70.0%.

Today Humax box still as last night little stick going around stuck at 70% Putty still in Maintenance Mode Fixdisk screen was frozen I came out of Putty about 2hrs ago and went back into Maintenance Mode but it gave me 3 options 2 can't remember 3 cancel, 4 do I want to continue with Fixdisk & repair said Yes to continue then v quickly ie green dial in Putty
scanned the disk I could see the names of all my saved TV programmes listed the green dial has now stopped after the last entry "clone multiply-claims-blocks? Yes.

I left my computer on last night but it may have gone into hibernation could this be a problem if the computer is not being used?

Action: Do I need to unplug the humax box? the little dial is still moving around but still at 70% TV screen still frozen
Putty: green dial not flashing

Thank you

Just want to add I have not moved any internet leads around before starting this sorry got my terminology mixed up
I have one Ethernet lead from my computer into BT box/modem another Ethernet lead from BT box into Humax

Ah. That's good. That's just how it should be and put that little bit of confusion to bed.

scanned the disk I could see the names of all my saved TV programmes listed the green dial has now stopped after the last entry "clone multiply-claims-blocks? Yes.
Did you accept this by pressing enter?
Action: Do I need to unplug the humax box? the little dial is still moving around but still at 70% TV screen still frozen
Putty: green dial not flashing
What happens to Putty if you press something like the Shift key? I don't recognise the green dial; could you post a screen shot please?

the little dial on the front window of the humax box looks like an Italic symbol going round in a circle but has been frozen for hours now still at 70%

Should I unplug humax box ? should I come out again of maintenance mode ?

Wow smoothing just happened green square is on the move and is at 97%

But my humax box is still frozen as last night

Finished Status 0 Press return to continue which I did and it takes me back to Maintenance Mode menu with more options please see attachment
Should press X exit or diagnostics ?

Thank you

Attachments

• Putty Maintence Mode Finished.PNG
    Putty Maintence Mode Finished.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Putty Maintence Mode Menu.PNG
    Putty Maintence Mode Menu.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 8
Humax box window changed to Fixdisk Done" without me unplugging so I will just go for x to leave Maintenance Mode I suppose I can always go back into Putty & run more tests if required So Here We Go wish me luck! leaving Putty !

Yippy just finished skipping around my room Yes it Works! :doublethumbsup: Thank you all constant deleting symbol gone, all my saved programs intact Edit & Installation no longer greyed out all menus function perfectly, it feels brand new. I've noticed the system information (interface) in settings still says
Software FHTCP 1.03.12 update 7/2/14

I am very frustrated with Humax customer service before xmas I asked them about Hummy TV I asked them about the updates available on this site they went into disclaimer mode warning me my devices could pick up viruses spyware. malware but above all they said there is nothing I can do to save my programs as I have a disk problem which cannot be fixed unless the disk is formatted and even then it may not work because the model is too old and official updates are no longer available. They said buy a new Humax box & just keep the old one to access my old programs until it breakdown completely.

This is why I was so nervous customer services knew I was a novice they played on that . However I do have to consider ways to backup my critical programs as the Humax hard drive will not last forever?

My backup plan started off disastrously Black Hole I think said my WD MY book external hard drive with plug could not take my recordings because I removed critical files that operate the MYBOOK drive. I saved these files before I formatted the drive to FAT32 so will put all the files back?

So Thank you all at Hummy TV only with your support I have a new Humax box & new confidence.!
Humbug! to Humax Customer Service they sent me off track.,made me really worried about using this site.

The constant deleting started 5 months ago and before that for about 2 years I started to get a green screen so the warning signs where there a long time ago.

I have another announcement to make, then I will you leave you in peace. Returned files/ software back to WD Mybook & copied over a non HD film from Humax to Mybook and it played!.

Thanks again, Kind Regards
All
Blu

Last edited:
Glad you're sorted (phew!)

I asked them about the updates available on this site
Bad move. You can hardly expect the official "tech support" (cough) people to endorse an independent community effort which begins by defeating their (flimsy) security systems. Official problem solving falls into four categories:
  • Reboot it;
  • Reset it;
  • Reformat it;
  • Buy a new one.
My backup plan started off disastrously Black Hole I think said my WD MY book external hard drive with plug could not take my recordings because I removed critical files that operate the MYBOOK drive. I saved these files before I formatted the drive to FAT32 so will put all the files back?
I'm not at all convinced you need those files. So far as I can see, the WD My Book series does not have any built-in NAS/Media Server functionality, it's just a USB drive. As such there is no software on it vital to its operation, although there might be some auto-play software which runs (under Windows) to provide WD's user experience, and maybe a backup facility. Everything provided on-board can be accessed equally well off-board, without the unnecessary frills and bloat.

I have a new Humax box & new confidence.!
OK... so now to blow your mind. Your CF experience has been so far limited to fault recovery, and there is much, much more:

Open your web browser and type the HDR-FOX's IP address (192.168.1.whatever) into the web browser address bar. Click install... and enjoy.

Do that first (to get the Wow! Factor), then see here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/quick-start-guide.1301/#post-28409

Last edited:
However I do have to consider ways to backup my critical programs as the Humax hard drive will not last forever?
If you want an informed guess from us about the likely future life of the hard drive, follow Black Hole's suggestion of installing the web interface for the custom firmware and then go to the Diagnostics section and click on "Disk diagnostics" and copy and paste the output here.

However I do have to consider ways to backup my critical programs as the Humax hard drive will not last forever
Further to the above: you will find this much easier to accomplish with CF installed. For example:
  • A USB-connected external drive can be NTFS (Windows compatible, and no 4GiB file size limit);
  • Recordings can be decrypted automatically immediately after recording, so they can be played elsewhere;
  • The HDR-FOX internal HDD can be viewed within Windows as a networked drive, and recordings copied/moved around using Windows.

This is what @Blu wants to know:

Blu said:
the attachments I have posted in the past can my IP address be viewed? Also you quoted half of my Humax IP address a few days ago I don't understand How you knew that Please remember I am not IT proficient
The IP addresses on your home network are local to your home network. They are not the same as the IP address of your router on the public Internet, and are of no use to anyone even if they were trying to break into your home network through your router. In any case, the IP address your Internet Service Provider (eg BT) allocates to the outward facing aspect of your router is not constant and will change from time to time. You don't need to know anything about that, it is all handled automatically*.

I was able to have a good guess at the first three elements of the IP addresses on your home network because those are a very common (indeed, standardised) default for domestic routers, and the router typically uses .254 for its control panel (including BT Home Hub). My home network addresses are 192.168.1.xxx, lots of people's home network addresses are 192.168.1.xxx. They only apply within each individual network, and there is no loss of security that we all know that. It was easier for me to help you by telling you what to look for - otherwise we could have been struggling on here for ages.

I don't know what your public IP address is, although the forum admins would be able to find out from the forum software logs. There is no danger in somebody knowing your current public IP address - Internet threats will find you anyway, and your router will keep them out. Any threats which get through will be ones you actively imported by clicking on a dodgy link (the router can block uninvited accesses, it can't block ones you made yourself).

* If you want to know what your public IP address is (currently), google "whats my ip address". Any web site you access knows what your public IP address is, unless you take unusual care to hide it by bouncing accesses through a VPN or something.

Last edited:
And everything on my network is 192.168.0.xxxx I have a Netgear router that uses 192.168.0.1 as the admin panel. And in case anyone is listening who shouldn't be, I have pretty strong WiFi password and a very strong admin password.

Back