HDR-Fox T2 Constant Deleting

Also when do I start Tel net Putty Configuration? I'm watching Utube but don't understand where this will appear, will putty appear via humax on my TV or do I need to get into putty via my windows 10 there appears to be a lot of programme writing on a black screen ?
Have you downloaded Putty and installed it on the PC? You can start using Putty on the PC once the installation of the software on the Humax has finished. The guide to using putty is at https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Telnet

Also when do I start Tel net Putty Configuration?
Wait until the software has installed on the Humax and the start working on putty.
I'm watching Utube but don't understand where this will appear, will putty appear via humax on my TV or do I need to get into putty via my windows 10 there appears to be a lot of programme writing on a black screen ?
The input and output from putty appears on the Windows 10 PC.

I can't help feeling you are worrying too much and you would learn quicker by trying things.

Not sure if i should leave configure IP in manual? Internet connection keeps falling off
I think its working im in maintenance mode black screen with dots .............
No messages on screen but my humax box has configuureTCP/IP

Not sure if i should leave configure IP in manual? Internet connection keeps falling off
What Internet connection? Do you mean the connection between putty and the Humax?
I think its working im in maintenance mode black screen with dots .............
Good. have you issued the fixdisk command?
No messages on screen but my humax box has configuureTCP/IP
Is this on the front panel or the TV screen or ..?

No messages on screen but my humax box has configuureTCP/IP is on the front panel of humax box

In settings configure lan then configure IP I changed to manual instead of DHCP

PUT i have to keep pressing apply to keep internet connection
On my PC
In putty black screen im in maintenance it says please wait with loads of dots going down screen

Maintenence mode is initialising please wait
Black box loads of dots

Should i move to fixdisk or wait for dotted screen in

PUT i have to keep pressing apply to keep internet connection
?

What is the network connection between your router and the HDR-FOX: (a) Ethernet cable; (b) Wi-Fi USB dongle; (c) HomePlug connected to Ethernet port; (d) something else?

I take it you selected maintenance mode from the standard Telnet menu? You should have a maintenance mode menu
Yes correct
maintenance mode it says please wait
Black screen loads of dots its picked up one clinch

Going back a bit:
do I change the file name
The video is out of date. Installation files are now downloaded as a zip, and when unzipped the resulting file has the correct name without needing to be renamed.

I have updated post 33 to reflect this.

I take it you selected maintenance mode from the standard Telnet menu? You should have a maintenance mode menu
Yes correct
maintenance mode it says please wait
Black screen loads of dots its picked up one clinch
Yes, and I said to try rebooting.

However, what I wanted an answer to is this (post index numbers are shown at the top right of each post):
What is the network connection between your router and the HDR-FOX: (a) Ethernet cable; (b) Wi-Fi USB dongle; (c) HomePlug connected to Ethernet port; (d) something else?

Thanks for your assistance i realise its late

Not sure if i should stay in maintenance mode still loads of dots

Yes thank you BH notice it did open in the correct file names thats what confused me i was expecting to change it

Back