HDR Fox T2 Wireless Dongle

Hi newbie here apologies if this is the wrong place to ask...I am trying to connect my Foxstat to the internet with a wireless dongle ..Edimax EW-7711UAn but getting nowhere I've tried it in both the front and back of the box ..do I have to manually connect it as using the DCHP isn't working ???? Would anybody be so kind as to message me with help ..Thanks

Just a heads-up as promised - the cheapo Ebay dongle (Realtek RT3070 chipset) works OK directly in the rear USB port, under a big CRT telly. I can browse Utube OK but it's a bit slow and clunky and some Utube videos don't load. Billion 7800N router probably helps, I'm not sure a feebler one would handle it.

I can't read the /Photos folder on my NAS drive though I can see the folders themselves. Maybe permissions need checking.

Next up is the learning curve to archive videos onto DVD. I used a big USB drive and free Disk Internals Linux Reader 1.0 to import files onto a Windows PC. I found Mediacoder lockedup after 10 seconds, VideoRedo demo produced an MP4 in no time at all, probably worth the investment as a great time saver alone (jury's out). Nero Vision Express then burned onto disk. I'm sure there are better ways. I have a standalone Liteon DVD recorder which might work through SCART instead but that's cheating ;)

I'm very impressed by the hacks going on around here! When I'm not afraid of bricking my PVR I'll dig deeper, controlling it over a home network is the way to go.

When I'm not afraid of bricking my PVR I'll dig deeper, controlling it over a home network is the way to go.

Come in when you're ready AlanW but don't be scared - there's more chance of you being hit on the head by an old satellite in a decaying orbit than there is of bricking the box. And everything is reversable using the out of the box standard Humax firmware update process. I attempted some comforting words a little while ago that might help. http://www.hummy.tv/forum/threads/do-you-use-the-modified-firmware.305/page-2#post-4975

Cheers, Oijonesey

Any of you freeview guys want a brand new (not used)Edimax EW-7711UAn £8 including postage ..let me know...Bought in error thought it worked on humax sat box

Any of you freeview guys want a brand new (not used)Edimax EW-7711UAn £8 including postage ..let me know...Bought in error thought it worked on humax sat box
Is that dongle still going? I've decided my HD-FOX / Qumi combination will be more convenient on WiFi than HomePlug.

With respect, it's never a good idea to publish your email address in a public forum. May I suggest you edit that out and start a 'conversation' with him?

You could end up with rather a lot of spam.

With respect, it's never a good idea to publish your email address in a public forum. May I suggest you edit that out and start a 'conversation' with him?

You could end up with rather a lot of spam.
Thanks for the advice Wallace the guys contacted me now so I took my email out ..lol

My fault - I started a conversation simultaneously but wanted to show there was some interest in public. Anyway, the deal is concluded so all I need now is a Qumi...

I have not read through all the threads but I have just bought a Fox T2 and it comes with a usb wi-fi dongle and a usb extension lead. Bought from Richer Sounds and has the latest firmware. Streams Flac from my NAS which I think is great as I have some 24bit 96kHz audio on there and do not need to burn to DVD.

Yep ! Just double checked and I have a usb wireless stick (AK093) and an extension lead (usb) with a teardrop shaped end with usb socket. It also has provision for hanging on a wall via keyhole type slot.

My apologies to you all. I was on the Oppo forum and this one simultanously and I got myself completely confused. All the things I have said previously apply to the Oppo and not the Humax. I am still very impressed with the T2 and am itching to start using the unofficial firmware but prefer to become conversant with the T2's operation first. I have bought the Humax, Oppo and Harmony One remote within a week and am getting a little overloaded with information.

I've tried the Edimax website to see which models use the RT3070 chipset, but can't see any mention of chipsets on the data sheets.

Go to the drivers download section and check the filenames ;)
If it doesnt contain "RT3070" in the Linux filename, then no, it wont work.

Both of those models look like a no.

A while ago I did try an Edimax 7811 wireless dongle. It is based on the Realtek 8192 chipset. After installing the driver I can connect to an AP using the wireless tools. However, the Humax application doesn't fully recognise it. It sees a wireless adapter since the initial wireless setup screen is shown but it does not find any access points when scanning the network, nor will it manually connect to an AP.

Another option is to compile a driver and put it in the same folder as the original driver and see if it works.
I cant guarantee it but if you already have a dongle lying about it might be worth a shot.

Back