Media mistakes

Yes. Sorry. After posting above, I looked at my Daily Mail and then thought f*** it. OOPS.:oops:

Have we been talking at cross purposes? Have you meant Killer Sudoku all along (which is not the same as an ordinary Sudoku)? Like I said:
Sorry, I meant killer sudoku, yes. I haven't done the other sort for years.

Could we hive this games stuff into another thread?

Also call this one Media Mistakes?

But those 'very special circumstances' are always present in all the numeric ones KS that I have come across. In fact you can usually fill in 4 to 7 squares immediately by using it without too much thought.

Same rule of 45 rules.
Grouping two or more rows together and using the sums is also necessary, but it makes it SO BORING!

From the Express on line, "While it might’ve taken the Redmond-based firm the best part of a decade to ween users off Internet Explorer"
Isn't 'ween' a little 'un in Scotland and Ireland?

No. It's a US rock band.
But I think that if he had bean using UK English he would have used 'wean' instead.

Today's Mail:

1A6A67E9-5CB0-4515-B18F-5631BEEBE5CD.jpeg

"In to"? There are times when I don't think "into" is appropriate, but this isn't one of them. And "may" as possibility still rankles with me (but that's more AvP).

May be trying to say that they will stay open until well into August rather than until the start of August which "up to" could be read to mean.

Now we get "over 70s should contact their GP". How many 70 year olds will ignore this?

Those who are 70 or older? It's ambiguous.

Now we get "over 70s should contact their GP". How many 70 year olds will ignore this?

Those who are 70 or older? It's ambiguous.
It is ambiguous, but normally understood as meaning 70 and over (and what is language other than normal understanding?). Anyway, I now see this is a backstop process.

No ambiguity here. Once you have had your 70th birthday then you are over 70: 70 + second; 70 + minute; 70 + hour; 70 + day; etc

I must admit that I was also struggling to see the ambiguity. Perhaps not quite as clear to the ignorant masses as it could be, but ambiguous? No.

Back