mod: iPhone optimized web interface

I know, not sure how to describe them, hence the 'buttons' in quotes.

I am talking about the Home , Refresh and Search (magnifying glass) at the top of the page. I can almost count the tiles on the roof of the Home 'button', lol. They look low resolution. It's only me being VERY picky, please don't take offence.

Buttons would be the right word and yes you are being picky! ;)

The problem is finding the hi-res buttons/icons, most of the free ones that right the style are lo-res, you have to pay for the hi-res. The Search & Refresh ones where quickly knocked up for me by the OH as I could find any other the right size and style.

I'll have another look around see if I can find anything better.

Thanks! From an OCD Wallace....

I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this project. If a small donation will help 'the greater good', then I am more than happy to oblige.

Yes, although only briefly - the main interface works ok on a iPad.

I'm wondering how it looks, on the simulator it appears iPhone size but has the x2 button available. I want to add some functionality but think it might not appear right on the iPad, if the iPad tries to scale it up?

Here you go... It's full screen. Looks good.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316454334.096452.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316454334.096452.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 18
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316454344.497364.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316454344.497364.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 16
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316454353.184439.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316454353.184439.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 18
Anyone using this on a platform other than iPhone/iPad that wpuld be willing to install an updated version of the package and test it? You'll need to have ftp access to the hummy and happy using terminal.

I've added some functionality that might not work on other mobile devices so would like to get it tested before releasing as a package to all.

Photo.png
I still get this dialog when trying to set a recording with the iPhone web interface, though I can using the full size interface on my iPhone, I much prefer yours. Could I also point out that when viewing the schedule page, tapping on a scheduled recording does not take you anywhere, I assume the intention was to display program info and possibly the means to cancel a recording. Am I doing something wrong or is the iPhone interface not yet able to do all the tricks the full interface can?

Just realized the full web interface doesn't give you much info to work with when you click on a schedule either.

View attachment 59
I still get this dialog when trying to set a recording with the iPhone web interface, though I can using the full size interface on my iPhone, I much prefer yours. Could I also point out that when viewing the schedule page, tapping on a scheduled recording does not take you anywhere, I assume the intention was to display program info and possibly the means to cancel a recording. Am I doing something wrong or is the iPhone interface not yet able to do all the tricks the full interface can?

Can you confirm what versions of the webif and the iPhone webif you have installed?

You should be able to view the scheduled programmes details in version 0.0.2. The functionality to cancel the recording will be in 0.0.3, which has been emailed over to @af123 for uploading to the repository.

It's not the intention of the iPhone version to have all the functionality of the full webif but will keep adding stuff that's practical to add.

Can you confirm what versions of the webif and the iPhone webif you have installed?

iPhone webif was at 0.0.2 and webif 0.7.3 so I updated the package list and installed latest versions, all better now, very slick.

I had some webif hangs when upgrading in the past, could the packet have written it's new version number but not fully updated the code?

Thanks for the prompt reply by the way.

Version 0.0.3-1 is now available to download.

Main changes
  • Change to style and function of buttons on programme details
  • Cancel a scheduled recording
  • Set a reminder for a programme
Bug Fix
  • Single channel listing will work even if you don't have deleted BBC1

Currently working on the next version which will include package management and the part +opt functionality for files. Let me know if there is other functionality you'd like me to try and add.

Version 0.0.3-1 is now available to download.

Main changes
  • Change to style and function of buttons on programme details
  • Cancel a scheduled recording
  • Set a reminder for a programme
Bug Fix

• Single channel listing will work even if you don't have deleted BBC1
Currently working on the next version which will include package management and the part +opt functionality for files. Let me know if there is other functionality you'd like me to try and add.

Would be brilliant if there were a way to download recordings. I tried this on Android via the full webif but it didn't work. Would love to dl a recording straight to the phone for watching away from home.

Cheers

Would be brilliant if there were a way to download recordings. I tried this on Android via the full webif but it didn't work. Would love to dl a recording straight to the phone for watching away from home.

Cheers

Unlikely that will be possible but I'll take a look.

Buzz player should let you do that on the iPhone - downloading directly from the standard Humax DLNA server for later viewing. Android /must/ have something similar!

Buzz player should let you do that on the iPhone - downloading directly from the standard Humax DLNA server for later viewing. Android /must/ have something similar!

Buzz player does, I think neilleeds was hoping of a way to do it via the iphone webif.

There are DLNA apps, i'll have a look, I just thought it would be easier for people to do it through the iphone webif if possible.

Back