New firmware available - with media server feature :)

Yeah the iplayer portal is much faster - possibly usable now!
Does the info banner when playing a programme disappear for anyone? Mine doesn't even count up time. Maybe I need a full reboot.
Also the volume in iplayer is a bit loud compared with TV sources.

Edit: - Rebooted and still does it. Also seem to have to exit out the portal when I stop a programme - otherwise it just sits on a black screen.

same again, bugger, bad start to my day off!!

so it shouldnt bring up tv pictures but just head straight into the update once unit is powered on? what have a i done wrong, stick has been formatted, files has been upzipped, cant think of anything else? whens the ota??!!

The USB update should be much easier than that. Do you have anything plugged into another USB socket? If so unplug it. Are you CERTAIN you have named the file the right thing (see instructions on the download page)? It has to be renamed from what gets downloaded. Are you sure you downloaded the HDR version not the HD version (they are easy to confuse)?

If you are sure of all that, repeat the download in case you got a corrupted file.

If that doesn't sort it, go and buy another USB stick.

@bixieupnorth Have you tried formatting the usb stick to FAT32 to make sure its not that thats at fault?
When you power on the humax from the rear switch, it looks on the root of the usb for the .hdf file (make sure its not zipped or in a folder).
Other files being present on the usb stick will have no effect as its only the .hdf its interested in.

Have you downloaded the right one? There is one for the HD and one for the HDR.. Other than that, get a new USB stick off Amazon for a fiver.

i've not renamed it, appears to be correct, every other time its not needed renaming

i do have another usb hdd plugged in but its not turned on at the moment, i'll pull plug on it anyway

just about to redownload, will format for 2nd time this morning. dont want to wait for new usb!!

here goes then, and thanks for all yr advice

i bloody give up

reformatted it to fat32 again, redownloaded and copied just the hdf to cleaned usb stick. pulled the hdd drive out of rear usb. switched unit off, plugged usb in to front, switched back on, humax screen, green screen, usb stick flashed a couple times and the tv came on!! i've done everything right, the file is def named what it should be and the file i downloaded was def the hdr one, the last one on the screen. it was def unzipped and i only transferred the hdf onto the usb. its the same usb i've always used, so dont understand how it can suddenly become uncompatible?

i'll see if i can pick another one up in tesco express, as want to sort this today if possible

I've had more success by having the unit in standby - insert the USB stick (I've only used the front) (the light will probably flash a couple of times) - then simply press the standby button. Then off it goes into the firmware update screen. It's almost like it need to read/mount the stick before the unit comes on.

i've tried it all ways mate, left it off for a while, flicked it on/off quickly, standby everything, usb flashes, so its def looking but not finding anything. very frustrating

when i format stick it gives me options of allocation unit size, set to default, is this important? have done both quick and full formats

its an 8gb hp stick, default format to fat32

I had to delete some video files off the stick before the upgrade would work (I know that shouldn't matter, but it did...) And I used the standby button rather than fully off.

I have now successfully played SD files from the HDR (with 1.02.20) to a laptop running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit using Windows Media Player. I'm a happy bunny!

So it shouldnt bring up tv pictures but just head straight into the update once unit is powered on?

Yes, pretty instantly after power on from the back or just bringing out of standby using the button on the front.

I can't think of anything you might be doing wrong but if you post some screenshots of how the files look on the disk maybe someone will spot something.

It might just be that the USB drive isn't liked by the Humax for whatever reason - I've seen a report elsewhere of a stick that always worked before not working now.

You could try the back USB port if you've been trying the front one, or vice versa.

I have now successfully played SD files from the HDR (with 1.02.20) to a laptop running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit using Windows Media Player. I'm a happy bunny!

Have you? I tried with Windows Media Player & it could see the files, but not play them. XBMC works okay so it's not a big problem. Shame ffwd/rwnd or skipping through the video doesn't work. Does that work for you in WPM?

hurray i did it at long last!! waited patiently staring at the humax screen then flipped it off and on at the back, after the usual hang at 89% its updated!!

odd one that, but thanks for all yr advice

lets get testing then!

Does the info banner when playing a programme disappear for anyone? Mine doesn't even count up time. Maybe I need a full reboot.

Edit: - Rebooted and still does it. Also seem to have to exit out the portal when I stop a programme - otherwise it just sits on a black screen.

I am having the same problem.

Have you? I tried with Windows Media Player & it could see the files, but not play them. XBMC works okay so it's not a big problem. Shame ffwd/rwnd or skipping through the video doesn't work. Does that work for you in WPM?

I tried ffwd and jump fwd, and both caused WMP to hang/crash. But basic playback seems to work ok, not extensively tested though.

Back